Typhon New PB speed run with the v5 Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Didn't get in the best runs by any means had range issues so they were shorter pulls but beyond happy with the results😁 was expecting only about 70 based off speed calculator. Ran the new GRP's, spool and 23t pinion and pulled out 75!!! Stoked as she definitely had more in her and I'm still geared conservatively to get the feel of things. Going to change out the rx/tx and give her another go hope to pull another couple MPH. Still have bigger pinions and need to pull the front bumper and rear mudguards as well.

She’s got a lot more than that!! Don’t forget to recalibrate the esc. I’d put the punch down to 4 or 5 so you can get in her sooner. If you stay full throttle for 5+ seconds you’ll shocked!

She’s got a lot more than that!! Don’t forget to recalibrate the esc. I’d put the punch down to 4 or 5 so you can get in her sooner. If you stay full throttle for 5+ seconds you’ll shocked!
5 seconds 🤣🤣 I would love to get a full second, two tops of full throttle. I don’t have enough road or range to get more than that.

What did you think @jondilly1974 not too shabby for a less than ideal run? Still surprised I pulled 75 with the 23/42 gearing and still having the bumper and mudguards on and such a short pass. I'm beyond stoked, sure in the video you can tell but man still can't get over it as I was expecting maybe 70 with a good long pull let alone 75 on a short sketchy run 😁

What did you think @jondilly1974 not too shabby for a less than ideal run? Still surprised I pulled 75 with the 23/42 gearing and still having the bumper and mudguards on and such a short pass. I'm beyond stoked, sure in the video you can tell but man still can't get over it as I was expecting maybe 70 with a good long pull let alone 75 on a short sketchy run 😁
Looked good brother. You shouldn’t be having range issues in such a wide open space, so I’m concerned about your radio. Check your rx antenna for kinks and maybe get it out of the radio box some more. You might need a longer antenna tube to get some height. Also check your transmitter batteries.

Ya I put it on its top with the antenna sticking out of the body and bent it so it's toast for sure.
IMG_20210118_091232423.jpg

Be tossing the SLT3 back in until I can get a new receiver for the Dumbo. Would it be better to mount it to the top of the box or just pull the top of the box off?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back