Limitless New PB today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobS

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Typhon 3s
Well I got 139 today which is my new Pb ! On the quest for 140 + . Xlx2, TP 4070cm , 34spool
27pinion , no great secret gearing just a base run!

1DDBA19B-61F0-4CAF-9E23-DECF8D145ED9.jpeg

068EFF40-B3E6-4B3B-BDEC-861593937D44.png

Congrats man! Glad you got the issue figured out and were able to get a good pass in!
Yes sir brother, gearing did the trick, next up I’ll go 30 tooth pinion ! What u think?! Trued running with the bananas but she didn’t like em,
All over the place so I switched to grp s5 and that was the ticket. Motor was barely warm at 120 , xlx2 at 105 or so , room to gear up !
I will be ecstatic when I hit 150! (If I hit 150! 😂)

I'd run a few passes personally with the current gearing giving car little more room to top out the gearing. I'd guess you could pull another 3-5mph+ on a longer pass as your barely over 3200ft so figure pass itself is only about 1600ft. Stretch that another 1000ft if you have the room and for sure you'll see a decent gain. Well you want to get rig of the banana skins possibly as I said they match my rig lol and I've been running foams last couple months so used to running them. Also be careful with the grp's may want to wrap them as they don't like too much over 130mph before they blow.

Yes sir brother, gearing did the trick, next up I’ll go 30 tooth pinion ! What u think?! Trued running with the bananas but she didn’t like em,
All over the place so I switched to grp s5 and that was the ticket. Motor was barely warm at 120 , xlx2 at 105 or so , room to gear up !
Congrats man! Glad you got the issue figured out and were able to get a good pass in!
Btw , I agree on the Scorched drive shafts , I had to remove mine they still rubbed on the braces even after a butt load of filing and dremmel ! They probably great on a carbon fiber chassis without the braces !
I'd run a few passes personally with the current gearing giving car little more room to top out the gearing. I'd guess you could pull another 3-5mph+ on a longer pass as your barely over 3200ft so figure pass itself is only about 1600ft. Stretch that another 1000ft if you have the room and for sure you'll see a decent gain. Well you want to get rig of the banana skins possibly as I said they match my rig lol and I've been running foams last couple months so used to running them. Also be careful with the grp's may want to wrap them as they don't like too much over 130mph before they blow.
yep I am worried about the grp’s my buddy blew one at 125 on the same road !
The Bananas are chunked and scraped from a crash yesterday, they took the brunt of the damage! I’m gonna run foams again probably
bsr’s . Also I will run on this gear set for a while you’re spot on on your suggestions and thank you! ☺️

Big if here, but IF this setup is fully maxed out and does not have anymore speed in it.... Then a 30T pinion would put you around 155mph assuming voltage didn't sag any more than it is currently.

Long story short a 29t or 30t should get you up around 150 if the tires hold.

One thing I believe to be true about foams is they have a lot more traction, especially laterally, so you really have to turn your steering expo down even further. Also sanding the outer edges so they don’t grab when turning helps too.

One thing I believe to be true about foams is they have a lot more traction, especially laterally, so you really have to turn your steering expo down even further. Also sanding the outer edges so they don’t grab when turning helps too.
Ok cool thanks for the tip Jon, fan of your channel and I will do that ! Much Respect !

Btw , I agree on the Scorched drive shafts , I had to remove mine they still rubbed on the braces even after a butt load of filing and dremmel ! They probably great on a carbon fiber chassis without the braces !

yep I am worried about the grp’s my buddy blew one at 125 on the same road !
The Bananas are chunked and scraped from a crash yesterday, they took the brunt of the damage! I’m gonna run foams again probably
bsr’s . Also I will run on this gear set for a while you’re spot on on your suggestions and thank you! ☺️
OK darn it maybe just have to order some from him. I try with suggestions and use the last 8 months of solid speed running experience to help as I've had issues half of that and have tried many different things along the way. Ya I think the Scorched shafts at least the Limitless length rear is just too thick at 8mm. If it was say 6mm instead or stock 5mm it would be a lot better I feel. Glad to help man and keep putting up great numbers!

OK darn it maybe just have to order some from him. I try with suggestions and use the last 8 months of solid speed running experience to help as I've had issues half of that and have tried many different things along the way. Ya I think the Scorched shafts at least the Limitless length rear is just too thick at 8mm. If it was say 6mm instead or stock 5mm it would be a lot better I feel. Glad to help man and keep putting up great numbers!
Thanks buddy! I will

^^^Ty
I want a TP and XLX2 for my Lim. Only running 6s now, same gearing as yourself. HW XR8+ sensored ESC with a HW sensored 2250kv. I was wondering whether to get the sealed motor can or not myself. Vented makes sense.
Are you running sensored also????

^^^Ty
I want a TP and XLX2 for my Lim. Only running 6s now, same gearing as yourself. HW XR8+ sensored ESC with a HW sensored 2250kv. I was wondering whether to get the sealed motor can or not myself. Vented makes sense.
Are you running sensored also????
nope the TP is unsensored motor , still got room to grow though, but im taking my time

Congrats on the new PB, and I love the color of your Limitless! :love:
Thank you 🙏 the color is Tamiya 3 coats yellow and 3 coats orange backed by white , the white stripes are on outside and coated with satin clear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back