Kraton New person looking for advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ring is a bearing that sits inside a little clip. It just pulls out.

180 IQ? Come on.

That's called a 'dartboard IQ'. You just throw three darts and see what you get. I almost got really lucky, but ended up with a 9 IQ (damn that treble 1 is so close to treble 20).

at least you got on the board @stuartd :ROFLMAO:

Until I read more of this thread just now, I hadn't realised that RTR cars where so much like real cars, in that my Landcruiser didn't come with any detailed instructions to rebuild my diff either and I paid a lot more for that than a toy car. Damn you Toyota!!!! I better go and find what I did with my IQ as I have this idea of a web of interconnected computers around the world that can talk to each other and order me coffee and doughnuts....I bet no one has thought of that

Rich Duper was right... that pin isn't easy. But I enjoyed getting as far as I did, which was almost nowhere. Haha. I don't have a tool that small here, but there are some at my father's ranch. So I have to wait to get over there to get some tiny tools for this. I have small tools, but you need even smaller ones than I was thinking.

And you are just describing the internet, Lazy, and everyone knows Al Gore invented that.

Doh I knew someone would beat me to it, I should have started last week but I was too lazy :ROFLMAO:

@stuartd I am presuming you aren't married? Because my wife is always telling me what i can and can't wear;)

This is the kind of question I would have had to ask here even if there were instructions... it sounds like I just push this pin out from what both people said to do, after loosening the top screw which I did all the way (it doesn't come all the way out). But the "bolt" side of the pin does have a hex shaped edge. Is that that something that needs to be unscrewed or I just push the pin through it? It seems like I just push the pin through it, but I don't want to spend an hour trying that then find out you have to unscrew it first... haha.

Doh I knew someone would beat me to it, I should have started last week but I was too lazy :ROFLMAO:

@stuartd I am presuming you aren't married? Because my wife is always telling me what i can and can't wear;)
Yes, but does she tell you that TGIF when you put on your shoes? (toes go in first)

I keep trying to put my knee in my shoe, but then it falls off and I have to wrap the strings around my calf, then I use a stapler to staple them to my leg. Wearing shoes sucks!!!!!!!!!

Don't even get me started on the whole "you have to wear pants" fiasco!

Rich Duper was right... that pin isn't easy. But I enjoyed getting as far as I did, which was almost nowhere. Haha. I don't have a tool that small here, but there are some at my father's ranch. So I have to wait to get over there to get some tiny tools for this. I have small tools, but you need even smaller ones than I was thinking.

And you are just describing the internet, Lazy, and everyone knows Al Gore invented that.
Toothpick
This video is for the Mega version that doesn’t have the bearing and support clip, but otherwise is identical. Just pull straight up so the bearing doesn’t break the clip.

Thanks for posting that, that was helpful. Earlier someone even posted one that went even farther and showed how to get the differential out. Like I kept saying, the point of the car was to do something real. I've spent almost my entire life doing things in fake places, what I really wanted, with what I have now learned, was a kit car. And I think until RTRs come with instructions this community has it backwards... the cars with instructions are for beginners, the cars without instructions are for experts. I would think obviously, but the world very often doesn't make any sense too me so... it is what it is (thank you, James).

So I have just surrendered to the fact that I have not completely escaped the internet... but at least it will all be about the car. So I guess that's good enough.

So... I have to wait on smaller tools to start trying this, but it all looks pretty easy to do with I'm sure some snags along the way like this tiny pin that holds the crossbar on. I can't tell from the exploding view if there are threads on the end of the pin, but the end of the pin has hex edges. I looked it up by the part number and it is a "nylon bolt". So now I think I do unscrew that first and then push the pin through, the screw on top isn't what is holding the pin in?

I don't have a nut driver that small to just try it now, I am just getting ready to do it when I have the tools probably tomorrow.

This is the kind of question I would have had to ask here even if there were instructions... it sounds like I just push this pin out from what both people said to do, after loosening the top screw which I did all the way (it doesn't come all the way out). But the "bolt" side of the pin does have a hex shaped edge. Is that that something that needs to be unscrewed or I just push the pin through it? It seems like I just push the pin through it, but I don't want to spend an hour trying that then find out you have to unscrew it first... haha.

Loosen screw, push pin through.
I did it without instructions, you can too!

Next time I want to warn my kids about playing too many video games, I'm just going to direct them to this thread. If this doesn't scare them straight, nothing will.

That doesn't really answer what I was asking. I loosened the screw on top. I don't have the tool to try it yet, but is the screw on top what is holding the pin in, or do you also unscrew the AR715800 "nylon bolt" from the end of the pin or does it just push through like you are the third person to seem to be saying that it does. You can see why the "nylon bolt" would be confusing me.

That doesn't really answer what I was asking. I loosened the screw on top. I don't have the tool to try it yet, but is the screw on top what is holding the pin in, or do you also unscrew the AR715800 "nylon bolt" from the end of the pin or does it just push through like you are the third person to seem to be saying that it does. You can see why the "nylon bolt" would be confusing me.
The set screw should be it. Use a toothpick or something small like that to push it out. Grab the nut if you have to.

Bickety: Don't allow your kids to play games all day long. Not for more than a few hours at a time. Don't let them binge, and don't let them play all day long. I was one of the first people to ever do this... don't let your children live in a fake world their entire lives. Make them live in the real world, too.

And the too the rest of you, put down your smart phones and "Do Something Real!"

The Tin Foil Hat Prophet
:)

PS Thanks Jondilly!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back