New Pro-Line PowerStroke shock spring OD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark102780

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Anyone have the new PowerStrokes for their 3S or 4S rig? I'm looking for the shock spring outer diameter.

Thanks! Mark

I don't know they are available just yet. A new item and all.
Shocks or the dual rate spring set option kit are not out yet. I checked PL website just now.
Pretty darn expensive if you ask me. Sure they look real nice. 🤷‍♂️

Had a very bad experience with their Crawler shocks out the package. They were outsourced in Taiwan, and not made in the USA like most of their stuff. So PL stated. Poorly machined, Leaked. O rings and springs couldn't be had. Always on B/O. Since released. Sent them in under warranty as asked and they just sent them back unlooked at untouched, when they said they would rebuild them. FWIW. Customer support was a zero. The shocks sit in my bin unused, collecting dust. Waste of $$ IMHO. At most a beautiful looking Bling shocks for a shelf queen at best. Looks can be deceiving.
Maybe now that HH owns Proline, things have changed? It's anyones guess. I only buy tires and bodies from them. What they do best, what they are best known for.
I wouldn't touch any PL $shocks$ ever again. Just me. Others may be lucky??? IDK.
Just me.

Good luck.:cool:

I don't know they are available just yet. A new item and all.
Shocks or the dual rate spring set option kit are not out yet. I checked PL website just now.
Pretty darn expensive if you ask me. Sure they look real nice. 🤷‍♂️

Had a very bad experience with their Crawler shocks out the package. They were outsourced in Taiwan, and not made in the USA like most of their stuff. So PL stated. Poorly machined, Leaked. O rings and springs couldn't be had. Always on B/O. Since released. Sent them in under warranty as asked and they just sent them back unlooked at untouched, when they said they would rebuild them. FWIW. Customer support was a zero. The shocks sit in my bin unused, collecting dust. Waste of $$ IMHO. At most a beautiful looking Bling shocks for a shelf queen at best. Looks can be deceiving.
Maybe now that HH owns Proline, things have changed? It's anyones guess. I only buy tires and bodies from them. What they do best, what they are best known for.
I wouldn't touch any PL $shocks$ ever again. Just me. Others may be lucky??? IDK.
Just me.

Good luck.:cool:
Thanks for your response. I've seen them stocked in my LHS so I know they are starting to make their way out in to the wild.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've been using PowerStrokes and Pro-Specs on my crawlers, 1/10 monsters, and SC rigs for years and love them. I've only had one issue, where a set of Pro Spec lower shock caps had a production issue, and PL immediately sent me a replacement set no questions asked.

I always disassemble new shocks and inspect the internals for any issues, and then apply green slime to all the o-rings before use. That preventative maintenance has always paid off for me with long lasting, smooth cycling, leak free performance.

^^^ You know and understand shocks well. 👍
I had asked Pl for replacement shocks. Mine leaked horribly, all of them. I know shocks in and out. Been using TA Green slime since the 1990's. Running my rigs on a track and all.I have 68 shocks here across all my rigs. I have vintage Associated shocks that are perfect and never leaked in over 25 years. PL's Leaked out the box, just sitting on the shelf unused. They had none to replace and left me hanging for months. I thought strange for PL product to do this also, not even bottom seal parts available. Considering mine were just released, They knew they had bad QC overseas. Kept calling them for any loose O-rings floating around. And they finally sent 4 loose o-rings that were the wrong size. I felt they dropped the ball. Only PL bodies and wheels for me.
Hopefully HH owning PL will straighten things out down the road.

Edit: if you go to Pl website, products can be reviewed, supposedly, I am registered with PL and the honest review I left was removed. It was civil and kept it technical, but PL removed it. I was smart enough to allow PL time to rectify my issue before my review. Those reviews apparently are not for public consumption. Other potential customers. I use Trx TRX4 shocks on all my Axial Crawlers now. Perfect. Flawless. 🤷‍♂️ Sad to say.
What does that tell you about PL or any company that does this? 🤷‍♂️
I spent thousands in 25+ years on PL products.
It is what it is.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back