Limitless New project! Custom chassis. "King Carbon"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Idea popped into my head from looking at some perfect pass shafts that weren't being used on my desk. This will be an interesting build, possibly my first shelf queen.

We will start with this picture!

DDF4F8FD-D284-430E-86C6-7F3D5E9841EE.jpeg

excited for this one. on real cars I never cared about carbon fibre, but on RC i love it :D

Once I get there I will also be doing carbon fibre bodies, but way way before that I will upgrade the wings on my Vendetta to full carbon fibre and cut out a front splitter too. Carbon fibre is fun, but we gotta be careful because the dust can be damaging and we can badly cut ourselves too.

Idea popped into my head from looking at some perfect pass shafts that weren't being used on my desk. This will be an interesting build, possibly my first shelf queen.

We will start with this picture!

View attachment 277816

It's going to be an Absolute Stunner ,can see it already..

I know You're going to
Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

people's 🤯!!!
nuclear explosion mind blown GIF

It's going to be an Absolute Stunner ,can see it already..

I know You're going to
Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

people's 🤯!!!
nuclear explosion mind blown GIF
You know it buddy!!

excited for this one. on real cars I never cared about carbon fibre, but on RC i love it :D

Once I get there I will also be doing carbon fibre bodies, but way way before that I will upgrade the wings on my Vendetta to full carbon fibre and cut out a front splitter too. Carbon fibre is fun, but we gotta be careful because the dust can be damaging and we can badly cut ourselves too.
I have always loved it and it really looks fantastic on the RC cars. Can't wait to get more of this going

Maybe consider those Vitavon arms just posted in the classifieds if you're going for shelf queen status. Would be delicious IMO.
Ooooooo man. He happens to live quite close to me too..... That would be delicious

Maybe consider those Vitavon arms just posted in the classifieds if you're going for shelf queen status. Would be delicious IMO.
And just like that. Deliciousness is on its way. Thank you for the lookout!!

Didn't take a picture but I got the chassis traced out last night and got some holes drilled for mounting stuff. It will be made out of a 4mm sheet of carbon, which holy crap it is really tough. I have gotten 2mm and 3mm sheets but this 4mm is really rigid!

A little more detail on this build is I plan on running a typhon body and a limitless length chassis. It will have a mix of limitless, typhon, infraction, and kraton parts. The reason for the name "King Carbon" is I will be throwing every possible bit of carbon that I can at this vehicle and even trying to create some of my own pieces. A lot of parts will be from from Perfect Pass and Scorched RC, along with some other carbon parts that aren't big name brands. It will also have some beautiful parts from Vitavon, that were originally for my Goliath build but will be better suited on this build, and some stuff from GPM.
I have some stuff on hand already but hoping to get the rest this week

I have not decided what I am going to do regarding a motor and ESC but I do have a Max5 currently not being put to use. But that might just be too big, to be determined.

A67E9AEB-609C-48D0-87CA-008CFD74E07B.jpeg

Made some progress last night 😁 the rear fit up quite nice! I still need to take it off and grind down a groove for the rear diff gear to avoid hitting the chassis but I learned from Goliath that if I mount it up and move it around a little it makes a little mark right where I need to grind.

Please excuse the front not being pretty as that was never meant to be cut out. Infact it's going to get cut off entirely! Just waiting on some parts....

But now you can see what I have been thinking. Limitless length chassis so I can run the perfect pass shafts with the width for a typhon body. I made those little wings at the front and the rear for the splitter and diffuser to mount to which the rear so far is pretty good! The only issue is the limitless chassis has the front and rear bulkheads elevated while mine is obviously all flat. So it doesn't fit perfectly but it's pretty darn close.

More progress to come this weekend 😈

View attachment 278099
Made some progress last night 😁 the rear fit up quite nice! I still need to take it off and grind down a groove for the rear diff gear to avoid hitting the chassis but I learned from Goliath that if I mount it up and move it around a little it makes a little mark right where I need to grind.

Please excuse the front not being pretty as that was never meant to be cut out. Infact it's going to get cut off entirely! Just waiting on some parts....

But now you can see what I have been thinking. Limitless length chassis so I can run the perfect pass shafts with the width for a typhon body. I made those little wings at the front and the rear for the splitter and diffuser to mount to which the rear so far is pretty good! The only issue is the limitless chassis has the front and rear bulkheads elevated while mine is obviously all flat. So it doesn't fit perfectly but it's pretty darn close.

More progress to come this weekend 😈

Looks Great! 👍

If you have access to a router (mounted on a table) and a flush trim bearing bit ,you could make a 'straight guides' to help you cut perfect straight edges on the two sides.. (Just be Very careful using it on that carbon plate.)

Looks Great! 👍

If you have access to a router (mounted on a table) and a flush trim bearing bit ,you could make a 'straight guides' to help you cut perfect straight edges on the two sides.. (Just be Very careful using it on that carbon plate.)
Thank you, yeah those sides are bugging me a big too. But there will be the sideskirts covering them so I don't know how much I want to fuss around with it honestly lol. We will see.

Thank you, yeah those sides are bugging me a big too. But there will be the sideskirts covering them so I don't know how much I want to fuss around with it honestly lol. We will see.

If you can scan your chassis on a Xerox in .PDF form, you can send it to me and I can digitize it with cleaner edges..
Then produce a 3D "cutting guide" that you can use as a template to route out a clean cut plate.

Well, at least for your future carbon chassis designs..

If you can scan your chassis on a Xerox in .PDF form, you can send it to me and I can digitize it with cleaner edges..
Then produce a 3D "cutting guide" that you can use as a template to route out a clean cut plate.

Dude, does your brain ever stop in its quest for new challenges and necessary solutions? I’d be exhausted!

Dude, does your brain ever stop in its quest for new challenges and necessary solutions? I’d be exhausted!

My noggin is just way too Big.. 👽
There's so many ideas zipping around in there.
I try to organize and sort them out in categories but it's difficult.
Tried meditation... it Doesn't work.

So I just keep spewing out ideas & designs on here to help constrain my graymatter from popping out of my skull...
brain GIF

My noggin is just way too Big.. 👽
There's so many ideas zipping around in there.
I try to organize and sort them out in categories but it's difficult.
Tried meditation... it Doesn't work.

So I just keep spewing out ideas & designs on here to help constrain my graymatter from popping out of my skull...
brain GIF
I just PM’d you a request for a part. Always glad to help! 😂

Are you insinuating that I am going to continue making custom chassis???????

Probably. 🤣

In all honesty I think this stuff is so darn tough it would be great for even a basher. Toughest part is the front kickup but as we talked about, that might be solved easily!

He is a fountain of knowledge!! Always thinking outside the box, very good to bounce ideas off of.

Are you insinuating that I am going to continue making custom chassis???????

Probably. 🤣

Well seeing how many Custom Chassis you have Already produced with your own two hands..
You have access to materials And some (possible) industrial tools.

All you really need is to have the templates/dies/molds produced to replicate the process -in quantity scale..

THAT is a Business venture / High Performance (Parts) RC company ,right there.
Just saying.
🧐

In all honesty I think this stuff is so darn tough it would be great for even a basher. Toughest part is the front kickup but as we talked about, that might be solved easily!

He is a fountain of knowledge!! Always thinking outside the box, very good to bounce ideas off of.

It's not that tough... You sir ,Already Solved that problem/issue on your own.
Cause KNOW what you did!
Don't be so modest.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back