Kraton New project in the works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So I’m selling my 6s Kraton to fund a 8s Kraton build. So far the plans are to get a M2C beefcake kit, then buy a used 8s, rebuild the diffs and shocks and build it from there. I already have a 800kv Castle system, and I think this could be a fun project. Any suggestions?

If you can afford it, I'd recommend vitavon diff carriers and diff cups & gears for starters. Actually any vitavon stuff you can get is always an upgrade sans the shock towers.if you're going with the 800, you could technically go with a max 4 and run 12s..

If you can afford it, I'd recommend vitavon diff carriers and diff cups & gears for starters. Actually any vitavon stuff you can get is always an upgrade sans the shock towers.if you're going with the 800, you could technically go with a max 4 and run 12s..
I’ve got the Mamba Monster X ESC right now, but the Max4 is definitely a possibility down the road. Are the diff carriers a known weak point? I’ve never had an 8s Arrma before, so I’m still learning where it’s weaknesses are.

I've found the screws holding the a, b, c, and d blocks end up stripping out over time...along with the other screws going into them. I've just bought sets of stock replacements for now, but it gets old. The vitavon carriers are $$$ but in the long term I think they are a good investment. On the other hand, swapping them out multiple times, you get the tear down and re install down pretty fast. That's the only upside I've had. Otherwise, metal carriers are the way to go imo..
They are just expensive.

I've found the screws holding the a, b, c, and d blocks end up stripping out over time...along with the other screws going into them. I've just bought sets of stock replacements for now, but it gets old. The vitavon carriers are $$$ but in the long term I think they are a good investment. On the other hand, swapping them out multiple times, you get the tear down and re install down pretty fast. That's the only upside I've had. Otherwise, metal carriers are the way to go imo..
They are just expensive.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Also...there hasn't been a true solution for the cvd issue. (Pins busting, shafts bending). The best thing I've seen is the m2c overkill outdrive shafts, but they still use 3.5mm pins which are the weak point....especially if you end up going 12s. Other brands like scorched racing use 4mm pins on their Ti shafts, but then again they are also $$$...it all depends on how much and how far you want to go. In the end you will be $2500+ deep in no time...it's just the way of the 1/5 scale..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back