New proline powerstroke shocks vs typhon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t talk to the Typhon 6s shocks, but I do have the Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks on my Typhon 3S. They are real quality shocks, and smooth as glass. They are super adjustable: not only do they come with dual rate springs, Pro-Line offers spring sets with different spring rates for the top and bottom springs so you can set them up pretty much any way you want them. I’m still using the springs that came with the shocks as I haven’t felt the need to change them.

I can’t talk to the Typhon 6s shocks, but I do have the Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks on my Typhon 3S. They are real quality shocks, and smooth as glass. They are super adjustable: not only do they come with dual rate springs, Pro-Line offers spring sets with different spring rates for the top and bottom springs so you can set them up pretty much any way you want them. I’m still using the springs that came with the shocks as I haven’t felt the need to change them.
thanks for that. I have found them for $75 a set here in Ontario..... so at least better then $200 for all 4.

Here are a couple of pics of my Typhon 3s with the Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks and Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher HP belted tires. I was regularly flipping the Typhon sideways in high speed turns, so I bought the wider tires for more stability. The tires have proven to be great both on and off road.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Typhon 3s with Pro-line Trenchers.jpg

Very cool, I am sure ill be needed to replace the tires soon.

Thanks!

Also good to keep in mind..... $130 CAD shipped to my house is pretty good..... Hobby Hobby wants $200 for the set! plus tax!

Very cool setup and I like you idea with the shocks! LOL, and I already ordered my 6S ones! Love the look of the upgraded frontend on your build thread.

Very cool setup and I like you idea with the shocks! LOL, and I already ordered my 6S ones! Love the look of the upgraded frontend on your build thread.
Right on. I’m not exactly sure why the Typhon 6S shocks are that more expensive. Once you get yours, I’d be curious to see how they compare to the Mojave fronts.

Right on. I’m not exactly sure why the Typhon 6S shocks are that more expensive. Once you get yours, I’d be curious to see how they compare to the Mojave fronts.
For sure man. You would think that they must have had a few improvements.

Here are a couple of pics of my Typhon 3s with the Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks and Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher HP belted tires. I was regularly flipping the Typhon sideways in high speed turns, so I bought the wider tires for more stability. The tires have proven to be great both on and off road.

View attachment 152692

View attachment 152693
Do you know how heavy those tires are?

Do you know how heavy those tires are?
Yes, I do, and they haven’t had any bad effects on my Typhon. I ran it fairly hard this afternoon both off road and on pavement, and the motor and ESC were barely warm. Shortly after that I removed the motor module for maintenance and pulled it partially apart, and everything looks great - no wear on the spur and no grit in the module. I’m happy with the Trenchers.

Yes, I do, and they haven’t had any bad effects on my Typhon. I ran it fairly hard this afternoon both off road and on pavement, and the motor and ESC were barely warm. Shortly after that I removed the motor module for maintenance and pulled it partially apart, and everything looks great - no wear on the spur and no grit in the module. I’m happy with the Trenchers.
I didn’t mean subjectively, I’m actually curious how much they weigh lol. But glad they’re working for you!

I didn’t mean subjectively, I’m actually curious how much they weigh lol. But glad they’re working for you!
Sorry I misunderstood your post: that’s the problem with communication from afar.

I don’t know the actual weight, and the weight isn’t listed on the Pro-Line web sight. But they are significantly heavier than most wheel and tire combinations. Others on this forum have said they might cause my motor to overheat due to the weight, and that’s why I answered your original post the way I did.

Well..... had my first break today and I tore the bottom of the front shock mount off the rod catching a tree branch on a 25' backflip.... Glad I ordered the 6S shocks.... now I just have to see how long they will take to get here from the US>

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back