NEW Proline trencher belted hp 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. I just don't like the "if you don't like this then you're an idiot or don't know what you're doing" vibe. And careful with the hexes. If the 2.8's bust, I can't imagine the 3.8's won't.
I never said anyone was an idiot. Sorry if I gave off that 'vibe' but its unreal how much these changed rc. They are seriously the biggest thing sense brushless motors.
At least in 3.8

Last edited:
Ed, I will gladly mail you my set of 2.8 Belted Trenchers if you wanna try them out. They’re as terrible as Rich says. You can’t get any rotation off of jumps. They have very little traction on any surface. Badlands are way better. In fact MX28 Badlands are my favorites. I need to buy some Backflip LPs tho.

@bicketybam

Last edited:
Ok so I ran a pack through it this afternoon real quick. Still 4s not 6s yet and probably about 20 minutes. Once thing to note is I feel the battery didn't last as long as it usually does. I guess it makes sense cause it's working way harder to move now with bigger and harder tires along with more traction.
So I only ran it in my back yard with grass that kinda needs to be cut (2.7-3 inches I'm OCD with my grass but that's a whole nother forum) Around in my grass it is amazing how much more traction I get. I don't have my body on yet, I have a thread up in the body section about switching from my grave digger body to the 80's Chevy k10 body, so I'm taking it a little easy. But I actually had to turn my rate down cause I was getting to much body roll. Amazing!! I never never never ever had body roll on my outcast, especially in grass. It is almost like running my 2wd short course on clay. If you have never raced on clay it's like you get a little slide from the rear but the frontt will bit. So you almost control how much over steer you get from making the inside tire lighter.
Before it was point and shoot, which is cool but gets old quick. I will be getting most of everything finished this weekend so early next week will be the full beat down.

20190929_182844.jpg

Got the body done. And oh man these tires look sick. I mean w.e that doesn't really matter but it just looks so sick sitting there lol. I'll get it out to the pit this week to ruin the new paint job and to fully test the tires.

I've had these belted 3.8 trenchers for a month and tried them on my erevo 2.0, Kraton 6s, hobao hyper mt 2, and the original nero. By far the nero performed the best since its diffs can't be tune. The other trucks all have specfic diff fluid to reduce the front wheels from diffing out. They felt neutered and lacked the performance I was used to. Wheelies and back flips are even more challenging with these tires. Not to mention the lack of traction on hard surfaces. I actually enjoy having the ability to apply full throttle on the nero without pizza cutter tires, but I'm afraid I would have to rebuild all my diffs with lighter fluid to enjoy them on the other rigs.

Headbangerfacerip I hope you have a better experience than I had. I Really like the new copperhead 2 for the Kraton 6s.

I've had these belted 3.8 trenchers for a month and tried them on my erevo 2.0, Kraton 6s, hobao hyper mt 2, and the original nero. By far the nero performed the best since its diffs can't be tune. The other trucks all have specfic diff fluid to reduce the front wheels from diffing out. They felt neutered and lacked the performance I was used to. Wheelies and back flips are even more challenging with these tires. Not to mention the lack of traction on hard surfaces. I actually enjoy having the ability to apply full throttle on the nero without pizza cutter tires, but I'm afraid I would have to rebuild all my diffs with lighter fluid to enjoy them on the other rigs.

Headbangerfacerip I hope you have a better experience than I had. I Really like the new copperhead 2 for the Kraton 6s.
So far it's a must. I couldn't even run them on my truck for 2 minutes without changing the fluid. I had to chang my shocks fluid to cause it was to hard for the harder tires.

Gonna be in the what did I break thread. Wait till 6s n hex's BE GONE!??‍♂️They be on thread WHAT DID I BUY TODAY. 80$ aluminum hex inserts ???gotta do your research man
Game changer and wallet emptier!

I don't know why everyone hates on these so much. In less then 2 years I beat proline only makes belted tires.
It's like I only ran one pack through them without my body done and without adjusting my speed controller but it's not even worth posting a review cause everyone already has there mind made up. Bunch of trump hating flat earthers if you ask me. I use to love this forum but its turning so judgemental. This is the reason I like to race. Can't knock the clock.

Most of us who have run big heavy tires loved them at first and then the esc fires started and blown difs. They are fun but very hard on the truck. I ran trenchers all last winter. It was a blast but very expensive... I truly hope you have better success.
jim

Most of us who have run big heavy tires loved them at first and then the esc fires started and blown difs. They are fun but very hard on the truck. I ran trenchers all last winter. It was a blast but very expensive... I truly hope you have better success.
jim
Thank you. I actually like to work on rc more then using them really so I rebuild my cars all the time. Put it this way, I run through about 2 bottles of diff fluid a month.

View attachment 49535
Got the body done. And oh man these tires look sick. I mean w.e that doesn't really matter but it just looks so sick sitting there lol. I'll get it out to the pit this week to ruin the new paint job and to fully test the tires.
Love that body, nice job. I just painted a c10 for my OC. No wing on that either. Its the older one though.

@Headbangerfacerip don’t get discouraged, if you like them rock em and enjoy them. It’s your car so run what you like best. What works best is different for everyone and how they drive. And go ahead and post up what you think, it might help someone someday. (y)

I’m interested to see how they preform in the air. They have a pretty significant weight disadvantage to make up for compared to any other tire strapped with fishing line, but if performance and durability are good enough I might consider them. For now I’m glad it’s you spending the money and not me ;)

Like others have said, don't be discouraged, I keep checking in on this thread to hear anyone's thoughts before buying a set. Yes I'm a little disappointed in the weight but it's not a deal breaker for me so I'm still on the fence and waiting for feedback regardless of if it's positive or negative

Like others have said, don't be discouraged, I keep checking in on this thread to hear anyone's thoughts before buying a set. Yes I'm a little disappointed in the weight but it's not a deal breaker for me so I'm still on the fence and waiting for feedback regardless of if it's positive or negative
With the way you build your trucks, they could be made out of concrete and still do a backflip!

I'll keep it short; best tires every made in my opinion. The ultimate upgrade.
The not so short; It got hot on 6s with the extra weight I guess so I got a tekin t8 1350kv motor and its way faster then the castle motor I was running plus it doesn't get hot. There's tires perform better then any other by a long shot. I made a little sh*tty track in my back yard and timed it with my dboots, mashers,and then the trencher hp's.. the track was a big straight(40-50 yards) a hair pin then a chicane then a right 90 left 90 then a long 180 to bring you back to the straight. I did it flat and then put in a few jumps. The boots were pretty good considering I always loved these tires and they are arguably the best stock tire ever but where almost 5 seconds slower then the belted trenches. Which if you race is like a year! The mashers...I'm not even going to say cause they were so bad lol but looked great when your stopped. The trenchers outperformed the other tires in every way.
If your looking for a tire that honestly makes your truck perform like a rally car where you will NEED to adjust suspension and diff weights to get results. Then these are what your looking for. These will really make you and your truck shine if you take the time to tune it almost like you would with a sc or tc. I always would try to bring track tuning to my bashing mt but would never get the results I was looking for. With these tires you can use tuning to get a real sense of the truck and bring it to the next level.
If your thing is just hitting jumps or maybe just speed runs or messing around then really these tires might not be worth it for you. Plus if you switch your tires a lot and run different stuff then that's a bummer cause to run these you will need to switch diff fluids and spring rates. So to switch them everytime you want to throw on street tires or paddles kinda s*cks.

The not so short; It got hot on 6s with the extra weight I guess so I got a tekin t8 1350kv motor and its way faster then the castle motor I was running plus it doesn't get hot. There's tires perform better then any other by a long shot. I made a little sh*tty track in my back yard and timed it with my dboots, mashers,and then the trencher hp's.. the track was a big straight(40-50 yards) a hair pin then a chicane then a right 90 left 90 then a long 180 to bring you back to the straight. I did it flat and then put in a few jumps. The boots were pretty good considering I always loved these tires and they are arguably the best stock tire ever but where almost 5 seconds slower then the belted trenches. Which if you race is like a year! The mashers...I'm not even going to say cause they were so bad lol but looked great when your stopped. The trenchers outperformed the other tires in every way.
If your looking for a tire that honestly makes your truck perform like a rally car where you will NEED to adjust suspension and diff weights to get results. Then these are what your looking for. These will really make you and your truck shine if you take the time to tune it almost like you would with a sc or tc. I always would try to bring track tuning to my bashing mt but would never get the results I was looking for. With these tires you can use tuning to get a real sense of the truck and bring it to the next level.
If your thing is just hitting jumps or maybe just speed runs or messing around then really these tires might not be worth it for you. Plus if you switch your tires a lot and run different stuff then that's a bummer cause to run these you will need to switch diff fluids and spring rates. So to switch them everytime you want to throw on street tires or paddles kinda s*cks.
That’s short?? ???✌?

What did you change your shock oil and diff oils too to get them to work well for you?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back