NEW Proline trencher belted hp 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s short?? ???✌?
Yea and the "not so short" lol
What did you change your shock oil and diff oils too to get them to work well for you?
I put the diff oils at 30k-60k-30k to start and then put in 30k-50k-40k and that seems the best for me.
For shocks I got the v4 shocks and put 60w in the rear and 55w in the front. But I'm going to make the rears a little stiffer. (It squats way harder with the belted tires)Also I was running tekno orange springs but they were to bouncy so the stocks work better till i get either the yellows or the greens. I'm trying to find out what the stock rate is so i can judge it from there.
*all fluids are associated

Last edited:
I just got a set, and to be honest I’m a total newb at this so i ran everything stock at first (besides the tires of course). Stock servo couldn’t hack it. Upgraded to GPM aluminum servo mount and Savox 1230. Much better turning response but the servo saver (V4) seems to absorb most of the added torque under heavy load and needs adjustment. As far as the diffs, they remain stock.. the tires bite great and hardly ballon (6s) that i could notice. But i will say that the truck feels heavier and lands heavier off of jumps i busted a pillow ball off of the upper a arm, it came unthreaded from the plastic. I can’t say that it was the added weight or width of these beasts that caused it to come unseated.. but I’m sure it didn’t help any..

I was impressed with all the added traction these provide.. but, i think they are a bit heavy for a Kraton RTR. I went back to my stock tires for now

Thanks

Chris

I just got a set, and to be honest I’m a total newb at this so i ran everything stock at first (besides the tires of course). Stock servo couldn’t hack it. Upgraded to GPM aluminum servo mount and Savox 1230. Much better turning response but the servo saver (V4) seems to absorb most of the added torque under heavy load and needs adjustment. As far as the diffs, they remain stock.. the tires bite great and hardly ballon (6s) that i could notice. But i will say that the truck feels heavier and lands heavier off of jumps i busted a pillow ball off of the upper a arm, it came unthreaded from the plastic. I can’t say that it was the added weight or width of these beasts that caused it to come unseated.. but I’m sure it didn’t help any..

I was impressed with all the added traction these provide.. but, i think they are a bit heavy for a Kraton RTR. I went back to my stock tires for now

Thanks

Chris
That's awesome man!! There is nothing stock on my truck at all..like not one thing lol so I guess I can't really say how they run stock. But to not change the diff fluid is crazy to me!!! Was it able to turn at all? And the rear had to be pushing so hard with stock fluid in it?

Typhon V3 stock but 20t pinion and 2.8 belted Trenchers. I unglued em in low grass and dirt within one pack. I know I wasn't going anywhere near 75mph. Seems like they used to promote them to 80mph but it says 75 now on their site. Didn't even have time to break the hubs and can't justify the aluminum ones.
I know it's not the end of the world and I could glue em back. But in my opinion, they look cooler than they perform.

That's awesome man!! There is nothing stock on my truck at all..like not one thing lol so I guess I can't really say how they run stock. But to not change the diff fluid is crazy to me!!! Was it able to turn at all? And the rear had to be pushing so hard with stock fluid in it?
It would steer some with the stock servo.. not much.. even with the savox 1230 it struggles a bit.. needless to say I’ll have to beef up a few things before i put them back on.. and tune the diffs.. since I’m a newb I’ll wear out the stock tires before i destroy 100$ set of prolines

It would steer some with the stock servo.. not much.. even with the savox 1230 it struggles a bit.. needless to say I’ll have to beef up a few things before i put them back on.. and tune the diffs.. since I’m a newb I’ll wear out the stock tires before i destroy 100$ set of prolines
Yea it's been a while sense I've been on here...but yes, I run a spektrum s6280 and I use a castle bec 2.0 so I can run it at 8.4v to take advantage of the almost 500 oz-in. So that's a lot!

Ok, so the first thing you notice when running these tires is it makes the motor run to hot. This is with a mamba monster 2 and a castle 1515 2200kv combo. I tried running a smaller pinion but nope. I tried running only 4s but nope. Would only get about 7 minutes until it got way to hot. I mean it would be ok of I was running on the street or on a nice dirt road or something running a 13t on 4s but who wants that lol.

So after doing a bunch of research I decided to go with a tekin t8 4038 which is the truggy 1350kv. I still run the castle 1515 fan on it and upped the pinion to the stock 15 (I think that's stock, it's been awhile) and now it can run 6s with never even getting over 150. It's about the same speed as the castle motor is on 4s but it runs so much colder that I could put a bigger pinion on it if I wanted but I think its fast enough.

I will post an update on the tires, sense that's what this thread is, tonight. I ran about 20-30 packs through them so far with the new motor so this will be my last update and final thoughts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back