New purchase fears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Ever worry that youre about to spend some serious $$$ on a new RC and the minute that you do you find out a new version or another new model just or is about to hit the market?
Anyone had any experience like that before? 😟

Yeah, when I first built my computer. I knew I had limited funds and didn't want to get screwed by missing "the next big thing". But then I figured out something is better than nothing and that the next big thing is usually awful expensive.
Very good point.

My experience is once you’ve tuned and upgraded your rc the way you like it the new versions aren’t better!
So it’s smart to buy from a brand with a solid base platform, good parts supply and lots of aftermarket upgrades available and you’ll be good for years.
Untill the ‘i want something new’-itch starts…:facepalm:

My experience is once you’ve tuned and upgraded your rc the way you like it the new versions aren’t better!
So it’s smart to buy from a brand with a solid base platform, good parts supply and lots of aftermarket upgrades available and you’ll be good for years.
Untill the ‘i want something new’-itch starts…:facepalm:
Part of my worry is that I get a truck lets say....then an awesome buggy comes out. That 'i want something new itch' will come on pretty quickly! haha

I got my v4 noto rite when the v5 was coming out last year.Got one hell of a deal from a autherized seller. Knocked $100 off shipped no tax.Id rather had the blx elect. than the spektsux elect.Wasnt enuf change in models to justify the price.🤷‍♂️

Thank you all for your input! Greatly appreciated! Hope the points and opinions keep coming. I'm very interested In peoples thoughts on all aspects of the hobby.

I have fun and enjoy all my RC's. But getting a crawler then seeing a new Arrma that's appealing for example will make anyone get excited for that new and different RC. Some may be able to get it right away but I'm not one of those guys (shucks!) :cry:
Anyway I think my point was taken a little too deep. If you look at my pics I have a car I made from spare parts and its one of my favorite RC's that I own.
My personal experience is that I should have gotten me a 8S Kraton instead of a 6s.
Hope to keep hearing peoples points and stories if you got em! Thanks guys!

Yea I bought the senton v3 blx & like a monh later the votex came out with better electronics but as i got into the customization aspect of the senton I realized you can just upgrade tf outa your current rc to make it up to date & at the same time you fall in love with your ride cause the time spent with it & wrenching on it its no longer something you bought it's something you built & also do some background checks on it are parts inexpensive and accessible are there enough upgrades for it (aftermarket) to keep you interested i love my senton but i think my next purchase will be a don't kill me guys but a trax slash 4x4 just cause they got sooo fuccin many upgrades it's insane like a exoskeleton aluminum chassis shits sick & I also just love the short course style cause it can be whatever you want very universal can be a no prep drag car or a lifted pick up or evan with the right electronics a crawler or a buggy

Yea this hobby is really enjoyable when the RC you have can be customized to your liking. I guess my dilemma is a 'I want it all' thing'. I have changed what my SMT10 looks like, drives like, stands like all because I want all of how I make it look. Getting an RC and then having to wait for the next one on the list I guess is what Im talking about. I have never been disappointed with anything I've bought and it keeps me busy till the next one and beyond.
Appreciate your input!🤙

Sorry whats FOMO?
No pre-buyers remorse. In my reply JvG if something else comes out soon after a purchase the 'I want something new itch' starts quickly. Hahaha pocket draining hobby but too addicted to stop. :ROFLMAO:

For me all of my purchases have been used from ebay. Save a ton that way and can use the money saved to upgrade and make it better than new for the same price. I've only bought 2 new RC's a Big Rock and an Xmaxx. My other 5 have all been used and other than the needing new body shells they are much superior now to what they would have been new and I'm into the for basically the same price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back