Kraton New radio box in v1 kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6sKratonV1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
My original radio box won't seal the water out anymore. I see arrma discontinued the direct replacement part but will the new radio box still mount right in the v1 chassis? I have a v1 kraton 6s.
20220109_111113.jpg

Here is a picture from my manual. Thanks in advance! Part number AR320169 is what I'm looking to replace.
I was thinking about replacing it with AR320422 or ARA320604.

My original radio box won't seal the water out anymore. I see arrma discontinued the direct replacement part but will the new radio box still mount right in the v1 chassis? I have a v1 kraton 6s.
View attachment 191500
Here is a picture from my manual. Thanks in advance! Part number AR320169 is what I'm looking to replace.
I was thinking about replacing it with AR320422 or ARA320604.
The receiver box mounts to a mount that screws onto the battery tray and into the chassis. I would have to double check if the mount is still the same.

The receiver box mounts to a mount that screws onto the battery tray and into the chassis. I would have to double check if the mount is still the same.
If you could do that it would be awesome!

Yep. Might as well buy the chassis too.

If you get the new chassis I do believe you might need the new a arms, the new shock retainers and the new pivot balls. The tabs on the new chassis are in a slightly different spot and iirc the arms hit the tabs.

If you get the new chassis I do believe you might need the new a arms, the new shock retainers and the new pivot balls. The tabs on the new chassis are in a slightly different spot and iirc the arms hit the tabs.
I think you're right, I misread the OP. I thought he said V2.

I'll probably get the new box and just drill holes in the battery tray. That would work wouldn't it?
If you get the parts above from Jennys you might want to use the battery tray too. For drilling just transfer the holes thru the new box holes with a nail. Then center punch them good with a center punch or bigger nail. Chassis drills easy with a hand drill.

If you get the parts above from Jennys you might want to use the battery tray too. For drilling just transfer the holes thru the new box holes with a nail. Then center punch them good with a center punch or bigger nail. Chassis drills easy with a hand drill.
One of the holes is for an alignment peg, so you can't use the method above. I think I used a piece of paper to transfer the hole location - put paper on the bottom of the new battery box, rub it to mark the pin locations and mark the screw holes, then use the paper as a drill template.

One of the holes is for an alignment peg, so you can't use the method above. I think I used a piece of paper to transfer the hole location - put paper on the bottom of the new battery box, rub it to mark the pin locations and mark the screw holes, then use the paper as a drill template.
Sounds like a plan!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back