New RC boat project need paint scheme recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey guys looking for some ideas/help with the scheme for my new RC boat project.

The boat is a 1986 fiberglass AeroMarine Catamaran which measures in at 42.75 "
An ol' timer sent me a catalog shot of my boat, which is really cool to have the history on it! He said the bottom of these hulls is well designed and did very well in racing.

catalog 1.JPG

Blue cat Capture.JPG

I will re making the hatch completely flat as I cannot stand the current shape/design and its terrible for aerodynamics and the high speeds I want to see out of this thing...

rear Capture.JPG

I purchase some navy blue chrome Vinyl and some gold chrome vinyl. The two together should look amazing and really "pop".
What I am struggling with is a design for it. I will have the navy blue chrome as the main color and the gold would be accents in certain areas.

Looking for some suggestions/ideas.

I was thinking maybe something like the Cuda AAR where the base is blue and the graphics are the gold chrome?

AAR graphics.JPG

I don't think the color of water or dazzle camo is going to make it easy to see. :ROFLMAO: I do love the look of the dazzle though. ;)

High vis is the way to go! :)

I was initially thinking of a 3 color vinyl like this, but wanted the chrome stuff just to try. Also wanted bright and reflective incase it sinks! ;)

Sorry @rotauq not quite my style....
So I am thinking after I make the flat hatch it would look something like this.

1633379104097.png

Last edited:
So here is an idea.....Smokey and the Bandit.,....back in the day.....Camero Z28 and Trans Ams were the rage......

Probably not even close to what you want, originally was going to suggest black, but you want bright.....so...,
youtube thisiswayne GIF by Wayne

And yes, the bird on top of the boat, as well.....

Other stock colors are white and silver....

Just an idea to have the origin of the boat in mind.....

And yes, I am biased......my first car 78 Trans Am
2nd was an 81 Trans Am

Nice find, btw!

Nice to have the documents as well

Well....edit......looks like you have the colors picked out.....sorry

Hey guys looking for some ideas/help with the scheme for my new RC boat project.

The boat is a 1986 fiberglass AeroMarine Catamaran which measures in at 42.75 "
An ol' timer sent me a catalog shot of my boat, which is really cool to have the history on it! He said the bottom of these hulls is well designed and did very well in racing.

View attachment 172454

View attachment 172455

I will re making the hatch completely flat as I cannot stand the current shape/design and its terrible for aerodynamics and the high speeds I want to see out of this thing...

View attachment 172456

I purchase some navy blue chrome Vinyl and some gold chrome vinyl. The two together should look amazing and really "pop".
What I am struggling with is a design for it. I will have the navy blue chrome as the main color and the gold would be accents in certain areas.

Looking for some suggestions/ideas.

I was thinking maybe something like the Cuda AAR where the base is blue and the graphics are the gold chrome?

View attachment 172457
That ‘Cuda scheme is dope AF!!

I was always partial to the Geico boat livery myself.:LOL:

So here is an idea.....Smokey and the Bandit.,....back in the day.....Camero Z28 and Trans Ams were the rage......

Probably not even close to what you want, originally was going to suggest black, but you want bright.....so...,
youtube thisiswayne GIF by Wayne

And yes, the bird on top of the boat, as well.....

Other stock colors are white and silver....

Just an idea to have the origin of the boat in mind.....

And yes, I am biased......my first car 78 Trans Am
2nd was an 81 Trans Am

Nice find, btw!

Nice to have the documents as well

Well....edit......looks like you have the colors picked out.....sorry
That would work but a little to complex for me to cut out.
Great idea though...

With the color picked out navy blue and gold I was even thinking of getting some blue angels decals.

I got the base navy blue chrome on last night. I cannot say it enough how the camera does not capture how cool this color really is...

Blue Chrome Capture.JPG

Blue chrome side Capture.JPG

I am going to make a flat hatch/cannopy for this as this is hideous LOL

Ugly hatch.JPG

Last edited:
That would work but a little to complex for me to cut out.
Great idea though...

With the color picked out navy blue and gold I was even thinking of getting some blue angels decals.

I got the base navy blue chrome on last night. I cannot say it enough how the camera does not capture how cool this color really is...

View attachment 172597

View attachment 172598

I am going to make a flat hatch/cannopy for this as this is hideous LOL

View attachment 172599
That is ......super cool!

I thought we're gonna see som lambo style Carbon rap or even something silly like an awesome dip coat but ... That looks sweet...Nice work!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back