New rc track/club in the uk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky_malone

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi all rc enthusiasts,

I am seriously considering opening a full on rc track in the north east of england some where, still need the land ect but im just doing a bit of business research ;) When i say full on i mean a large outdoor fully equipped rc track with stand, wc facilities, hot and cold food, charging stations for batteries, spares on site, camping area, models for hire, spectator area literally the works.
I'm even open to suggestions, What would you like to see or use at such a facility?
I have lost count of how many times i have been out with my car in the woods, local park or on the street and people will stand and watch, come ever and ask questions and when we parts ways say things like "well thank you i really enjoyed that" or "that made my day" just watching me play with my rc car. I think rc modelling is such an undiscovered hobby by most and there is too much "im not playing with toys" hype around rc. Ive noticed out of the people that stand and watch or comment are the older generation as they have never seen this type of thing before or kids that think "hobby grade" is the same as "shopping centre grade" when it comes to buying rc cars. The rubbish that gadget shops offer for the price they sell it for you could just go online and buy an entry level "hobby grade" model that will ignite a passion in most i think. But due to most people being unaware of how good rc cars are these days and the power and speed you can achieve or even just watching some one bash there rc off road or doing some high speed runs is a lot of good clean family fun.
Any way ill leave it open for comments and questions and reply accordingly.....................
I look forward to hearing what the community has to say :)

First off all...Sunds like a good idea...If you have a nice camping ground with it I would surely visit it...:)

Butt......."Ik zie wat beren op de weg" or in English "There will be bears on the road"...
You would need to be in an area with a lot of RC enthusiast...Who will want to do a lot of revisiting of your establishment...So a good shop, with plenty of spare parts would be essential...
You would have to do a big investment in how the place looks...Because if you want to make money of the RC nutters, you will have to cater to there friends, spouses, and children to...
You will need to think about widening your potential customer base...For example: Company Days, School outings, Courses, RC Club, Teambuilding days, etc etc etc...
And even, I am thinking out side of the box, opening the place up for other stuff...Town hall kind of things, courses about things else RC, etc...
Well, just my two cents...:p

Good luck...:)
and if you want me to shoot some more idea's or you need a sparring partner, just send me a MSG...

Erik
aka Aflan

It's a great idea, I like it! The accountant/financial analyst in me says, divide and conquer.

The food and spares store; subcontract out. Let them deal with inventory, employees, purchasing, etc.

I have seen at the dunes, where everyone is out riding their quads and buggies a huge trailer that sells tires, assuming paddle tires wear pretty quick.
You may need a demographics search too. Possibly when enlisting a LHS to be the spares store, they could give you some inside info on where there is a concentration of RCers. It seems about every business nowadays captures data on their clientele, voluntarily or involuntarily. In this business, it's prob voluntary, as everyone wants to earn some points or whatever to get a discount on a future purchase.

On Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, they have showcased many mobile eateries, I assume they have them in the UK as well? Shooting from the hip here. Find a really tasty one that can even be another draw.

Just a couple thoughts.

First off all...Sunds like a good idea...If you have a nice camping ground with it I would surely visit it...:)

Butt......."Ik zie wat beren op de weg" or in English "There will be bears on the road"...
You would need to be in an area with a lot of RC enthusiast...Who will want to do a lot of revisiting of your establishment...So a good shop, with plenty of spare parts would be essential...
You would have to do a big investment in how the place looks...Because if you want to make money of the RC nutters, you will have to cater to there friends, spouses, and children to...
You will need to think about widening your potential customer base...For example: Company Days, School outings, Courses, RC Club, Teambuilding days, etc etc etc...
And even, I am thinking out side of the box, opening the place up for other stuff...Town hall kind of things, courses about things else RC, etc...
Well, just my two cents...:p

Good luck...:)
and if you want me to shoot some more idea's or you need a sparring partner, just send me a MSG...

Erik
aka Aflan

Thanks for your comment, great ideas.
Just wondering "bears on the road" not a familiar phase to me lol Could you elaborate please...... :)

It's a great idea, I like it! The accountant/financial analyst in me says, divide and conquer.

The food and spares store; subcontract out. Let them deal with inventory, employees, purchasing, etc.

I have seen at the dunes, where everyone is out riding their quads and buggies a huge trailer that sells tires, assuming paddle tires wear pretty quick.
You may need a demographics search too. Possibly when enlisting a LHS to be the spares store, they could give you some inside info on where there is a concentration of RCers. It seems about every business nowadays captures data on their clientele, voluntarily or involuntarily. In this business, it's prob voluntary, as everyone wants to earn some points or whatever to get a discount on a future purchase.

On Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, they have showcased many mobile eateries, I assume they have them in the UK as well? Shooting from the hip here. Find a really tasty one that can even be another draw.

Just a couple thoughts.

Thanks for your great comment too :)

Well ive got a few definite "facilities" in mind and no doubt my partner will want to take care of the food and camping side of things. Theres a LHS about 10 miles away, the only one left for miles ive believe too. So could be a good business venture for him too to get in on it.

Thanks again i will be adding slow but sure progress to this keep every one updated.

Expected opening date is so up in the air i couldn't even estimate the year of completion but give it a few years at least, but we all know how time flies so even though its early spread the word :)

Thanks for your comment, great ideas.
Just wondering "bears on the road" not a familiar phase to me lol Could you elaborate please...... :)

"Bears on the road" >>> Would translate in something like "Problems to be discoverd or expected"... ;) ...
Well, I think it would be something like this...Do you have a English equivalent?...:)

"Bears on the road" >>> Would translate in something like "Problems to be discoverd or expected"... ;) ...
Well, I think it would be something like this...Do you have a English equivalent?...:)

Me and the Mrs thought that's what it meant, we say "bumps in the road" lol
As for the camping facilities what would you hope to expect? An area to pitch/park your own tent/caravan or ones available to hire?

Me and the Mrs thought that's what it meant, we say "bumps in the road" lol
As for the camping facilities what would you hope to expect? An area to pitch/park your own tent/caravan or ones available to hire?

A good spot to put the tent up...Although we are looking into buying a camper...:)
Kind of growing out of the tent thing...Perhaps the kids can go in there now, and we can have some peace and quite...:D
And we would want some clean showering and toilet facilities...:cool:

And thx for the English version...;)

Last edited:
A good spot to put the tent up...Although we are looking into buying a camper...:)
Kind of growing out of the tent thing...Perhaps the kids can go in there now, and we can have some peace and quite...:D

And thx for the English version...;)

No problem :) if you know, then show I say lol
I'm needing more and more acres by the comment lol but the bigger the better, the more facilities the better :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back