New Rear Felony Hoons (53/107, white compound) on a Typhon 6s in a square setup (pics included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a running video with these tires on to post? Im also considering strecthing my typhon.

Kraton chassis
Kraton rear dog bone
Limitless front/rear shocks
Limitless front/rear towers?
Is that it
It all depends on what your intentions are with the car. Parking lot basher or speed runner?

You’ll at least need to address the different gear ratios required for the difference in tire circumference, in addition to the parts you listed above if you want to run the larger tires in the rear.

VADER 1.0, the car you quoted, is currently under the knife for a fresh makeover and to prototype a few new parts in order to step it up for speed running when the weather breaks in a month or two.

(sneak peek) 🤫
D48485E2-B1F5-4A61-BA3D-AB1E1105339E.jpeg

I have 3 builds going on simultaneously right now, but VADER v2.0 (picture above) is built around regular 42/100 hoons up front and felony 53/107 out back, so we’ll see how fast this staggered setup can go soon. In stretched Typhon mode I’ve gone 116mph with soft gearing while I tweeked the suspension setup, which ended up being a lot different with the staggered setup than when I was running with all regular Hoons tires.

To answer your question about video.....yes,
There is video of testing but I’m holding off posting anything until these projects are complete and everything is sorted before a build thread is made for everyone to see.

If you’re planning on running a traditional center diff you’ll probably want to stick to the stock Arrma Felony gearing arrangement which is 15/42 gearing up front and 14/45 out back.

I run a spool and didn’t like the way the numbers were coming out on paper with the stock gearing so I decided to go my own direction running 14/45 up front and 13/43 outback. Explanation for doing so
here ——> https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/felony-gearing-math-not-adding-up-f-r.28668/

So for now a typhon 6s v3 16t 46 and running 4 felony rears is a issue?
No issue at all with that setup.
My math shows a top speed of 56mph on 6s stock electronics, 16t pinion.

22t pinion would put you at about 77mph

- for what it’s worth a 27t would be 94mph

I put a 20t in before bro that was insane for test run almost smashed into curb a few times. 27t would be stupid fast. Im ok with 77 for sure

So what's the math for castle 2200 6s 16t. I don't own a gps yet

I just mounted some oversized felony rear tires to my new (to me) truggified Typhon 6s V3 in a square setup. I think they fit the overall size of the car perfectly and looks just mean with the stanced out kraton hubs (for the record I'm under the impression you don't need them to fit). I haven't had a chance to try them but just looking at them gets me excited to bash them. I included some bonus size comparison pics to my old 3S typhon rig with the standard infraction sized wheels all around (stock stance). The difference is pretty wild, these wider taller street tires are exactly what I was looking for in a street bash setup. I didn't want to just mount the old street tires from the 3s to this new 6s rig as it already had a hard time putting down power in 3s form (and melt them even more than my 3s already did). Now I just need to wait for the snow to melt here to actually test these guys out! What do you guys think? Is this old news? I didn't find much on people trying these other than one thread that showed a pic. I couldn't find any videos of people doing the same setup.

View attachment 123196View attachment 123224View attachment 123197View attachment 123198

View attachment 123224
The blue typhon is the look im going for i do have the team associated rc8 extenders on those some meaty ass tires damn

16140503137996424349872327555896.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back