New reason to upgrade axles and out drives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

If you decide to give up on Arrma you might want to consider the Pro-Line Pro-MT, from what I have read and seen it's one heck of a 1/10 basher. I'm slowly saving up to get one myself.

Some smoke from my ears...
Got thinking on this whole 8th scale concept...

I have a box full of Savage & C1 Apache parts. With some serious modding maybe...just maybe the suspension arms can be installed along with bigger dogbones and somehow fab something up to get this C1 diff in here. That would also allow for a motor of the 6th scale model.

Hmmm
Tommorow i will look into this. Lol

Also came acrossTRAXXAS Rustler Slash Stampede PRO-2 PRO-MT #6261-00

Curious about this now aswel???
So may options but which works and which is best?

Some smoke from my ears...
Got thinking on this whole 8th scale concept...

I have a box full of Savage & C1 Apache parts. With some serious modding maybe...just maybe the suspension arms can be installed along with bigger dogbones and somehow fab something up to get this C1 diff in here. That would also allow for a motor of the 6th scale model.

Hmmm
Tommorow i will look into this. Lol

Also came acrossTRAXXAS Rustler Slash Stampede PRO-2 PRO-MT #6261-00

Curious about this now aswel???
So may options but which works and which is best?
Okee ...
Savage arms...not happening
C1 Apache were very close but i didnt want to start hacking my new arms up.

Pro2 transmission above...no idea & i aint buying one so ...

Back to what i have coming.. Argh

Few minor things cuz i get to see this broken ass buggy everytime i go into the garage...

Adjusted the bellcrank a touch tighter. It helps a bit but the plastic thin crap doesn't hold well. Ill end up upgrading that soon aswell as the knuckles cuz those flex pretty bad. Lol

Heat treated the rear stub axles.
As mentioned previously... Ill heat treat the out drives aswel.

Those parts better show up real soon!
500.00 buggy and ive used it for a mear 20min? Argh

Parts arrived...sort of? Argh

Now im pissed beyond pissed at this damn Raider.

Crosspins are far to long and big in Dia.

Bevels were not in this parcel including both Arrma & HPI.

Pins from the new model outdrives are too fat for older gen raider outdrives. Even wheel pins hardly press through and when they do....too long for bevel gear?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu .........

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-16-00-57-50.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-16-00-57-50.png
    266 KB · Views: 49
  • 20160418_123826.jpg
    20160418_123826.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160418_130924.jpg
    20160418_130924.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 48
Hi

I thought you where getting the XRAY Diff Pin XRA 355080, why would you get the OFNA 4mm cross pins.

Hi

I thought you where getting the XRAY Diff Pin XRA 355080, why would you get the OFNA 4mm cross pins.
Yep...

They sent me wrong crosspins. Im so sick of this raider already. Lol

Diff #1

Using:
Arrma diff housing XL
Arrma bevels x4 XL
Arrma outdrives #AR310008
**these have more meat on them!!
**you need to drill out a slightly bigger hole for the old pin to fit this outdrive...
Arrma shims XL 2014spec

Used HypoyC gearoil by Castrol

Attachments

• 20160418_222158.jpg
    20160418_222158.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 47
Could you post a photo of the new and the original out drive side by side

Side by side....no
I can confirm that the wall thickness is MUCH better then what had originally came on this XL. A little finnesse to make this work but i think this will be worth it in the end. I can take a pic of the original on its own just to show you the tin can crap outdrives i was dealing with next to these Gen1 outdrives already installed for an idea but wont be til tomorrow. Just came up to hit my bed. Lol

Diff#2 will be the Blitz Flux 2-spyder

Diff #3 will be another Arrma but 4-spyder.

Unfortunetly... Thise wont be til i get the remaining parts in the mail.

Best i can do...
One im holding is the thin walled crap outdrive.

SUCCESS!!!!!

One installed on the Raider is my custom setup. Already bombed around for 1 run and this WORKS like a daaayuuumn!!!

1st Gen outdrives
#AR310008
*Note:*
Need to drill hole slightly bigger in outdrives to allow for the fatter short pin to pass through. Sand down the internal preload shims with 400g til it is free of binding...doesn't take much to do.

This is on a 2-spyder & HypoyC gearoil. It could use a 4-spyder as i can see and hear it really working. Lol but... No crosspins or bevels showed up yet.

Self edit
Several packs ran through this....awesomness!
Definely goin 4-spyder and only downfall....
Positive camber using the HPI dogbones but for now.... They hold up so ill keep them til i find a set a touch shorter.

Attachments

• 20160419_103448.jpg
    20160419_103448.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20160419_103546.jpg
    20160419_103546.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 56
No prob. If i can help even 1 other person as frustrated as i was then it was worth the efforts.

I love how thick the HPI Blitz flux dogbones are but again...just a little too long to remedy the positive camber issues. The + camber throws the Raider on its roof. lol

Does anyone know of another dogbone that is something like 82-83mm?
The ones Arrma give you are not only skimpy twigs which this brushless motor laugh at but also short enough to just bounce around between outdrive to stub axle.

Hrmmm... Ill figure this out then i move onto the flexing bellcrank and carriers up front.

Wow...
Why is it when i deal with this buggy i kringe??

Arrma has longer dogbones from a Typhon but....wait for it....

Lets install crappy tin cups and call them outdrives but we do have better. The brushless motor will trash them but the customer will appreciate that?

While were at it....slap tiny twigs in there that smash it all up and call those dogbones?

Arrma will never get another sale for a vehicle from me!!!!! Evar!!!

When i have to buy a kit worth 500.00
Invest countless hours researching a remedy and spend another few hundred on parts fixing it.

AzzHatz!

Thanks for the links...i appreciate that.

Just to add to my rant...

What on earth is 8th scale about the so called Raider XL??

Lmao

Hi

It's length, width, and the size of the tires, in compared to a true 1/10th scale RC buggy.

Nope...that don't fly!

Standard 2.2/3.00 shortcourse wheels.
540 size motor
10th scale parts.

Make it 10 feet long....still 10th scale
Haha

Okay...

Been slamming battery after battery today in this buggy. My custom diff is still holding up but needs a 4-spyder desperately. Lol
Can hear the poor diff howling in turns but not all bad...just means its working.

Only thing that went wrong today was a stripped servo horn. Not a big deal!!

However i have been messing with this rear end.

Removed my limiters from rear shocks.
Filled with 15w
Using axial green coils. (Grey) lol
Now it gets full travel which it just couldnt using the stock dogbones, as they would just smash around and take the outdrives for a beating.

Ordered HPI Nitro 6x82mm dogbones.
The Blitz Flux bones are just a touch too long puting positive camber on rear tires.

72072 discontinued...
RC Pitstop is lookin to see what they can get for me in a 6x82mm dogbone.

Very close now!
Already becoming fun to drive finally.

New:

Arrma stub axless and outdrives are just plain garbage. Now my stub axles are messed up. Chipping and looking like they are 10yrs old.

The Blitz Flux dogbones just cant be used. Too much positive camber no matter how you align it. And no....they are not the reason the stub axles are shot. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back