New receiver for big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kusher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Notorious
  4. Voltage
so i like the spectrum and all but I have a brand new DUMBORC receiver with gyro. Is that a good controller to use? I feel like I don't have Ny kind of range with factory remote and it feels a little laggy when trigger is squeezed and wheels turned. And would it be very difficult to change out? I ha e not torn into that part yet. I will do it when I tighten my slipper clutch in a few minutes if it'll benefit me.

I personally like the DumboRC rx/tx better than the new spectrum. It's not difficult just open the receiver box carefully pry it out as it's stuck down with double sided tape. Remember which plug is for your servo and which for esc so you plug it in the new receiver correctly. Not too much more than that make sure your careful with the antenna wire and read instructions for how to setting your throttle with the new remote.

let me know how you like the upgrade! I'm on the fence about getting said, dumboRC controller.

would love to hear your first impressions and if the Gyro feature is at all useful.

For sure! I got it all put back k together and everything working properly. Way too dark to go out and test it out but it seems to have a hair quicker response time on the throttle and steering. I am wo during scout the gyro myself so I will let you k in as soon as I can get put and test it.

So it does seem to make it want to stay straight instead of veering to one side. So far first impressions are pretty good im going for a good bash in a bit see how it responds to beating.

so i like the spectrum and all but I have a brand new DUMBORC receiver with gyro. Is that a good controller to use? I feel like I don't have Ny kind of range with factory remote and it feels a little laggy when trigger is squeezed and wheels turned. And would it be very difficult to change out? I ha e not torn into that part yet. I will do it when I tighten my slipper clutch in a few minutes if it'll benefit me.
Definitely switch it out

Ok so turns out either the receiver was screwed or the transmitter because the remote was sending wrong and crossed signals a the same time. Example I've turn the wheel and it it actually throttle it up. And it wasn't o. The wrong channel or anything had yo go to hobby store for help. Put a way beefier servo and new receiver Nd low and behold everything g worked just fine. So i do t know if i just got a bad one of the bunch or what but my experience with the dumborc was not a good one.

Ok so turns out either the receiver was screwed or the transmitter because the remote was sending wrong and crossed signals a the same time. Example I've turn the wheel and it it actually throttle it up. And it wasn't o. The wrong channel or anything had yo go to hobby store for help. Put a way beefier servo and new receiver Nd low and behold everything g worked just fine. So i do t know if i just got a bad one of the bunch or what but my experience with the dumborc was not a good one.
Nice nice đź‘Ś

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back