Typhon New receiver in typhon no reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcastblxnut

Send it...bend it...mend it🤪
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
Just put in spektrum s215 in typhon I have a dx5c. It binds fine but has no reverse. Works every once in while. Transmitter set on forward brake reverse and tried to re bind with no luck. I'm stumped?

Just put in spektrum s215 in typhon I have a dx5c. It binds fine but has no reverse. Works every once in while. Transmitter set on forward brake reverse and tried to re bind with no luck. I'm stumped?
Swap channels and see if the steering will provide reverse

Did you check the throttle trim?

Yup it's good. will glitch in reverse every once in a while. Damn things brand new.
Runs like a scalded dog in forward

Well I don't know what it is. All settings on transmitter same as my mini kraton and it's got the same receiver. I'm stumped
Brand new blx100 esc I just got from horizon could that be it?

Well I don't know what it is. All settings on transmitter same as my mini kraton and it's got the same receiver. I'm stumped
Brand new blx100 esc I just got from horizon could that be it?
It would be more likely that a receiver that passes every signal except reverse.

Guess I'll be calling horizon tomorrow need to get my old receiver warrantied and ask about the spektrum. I've re binded it but don't think i calibrated it. How's that done?

You have to set your trim to zero and make sure your throttle epa is 100% in forward and reverse. Then turn the esc on while holding the set button on the switch, once the red light flashes let the button go, let the radio sit in neutral, press the button it will flash green once, hold full throttle forward on the radio and then press button again you'll get two green flashes, then hold full reverse press the button again three green flashes, the esc is calibrated turn off esc switch and then turn back on ready to go, just make sure you check your failsafe, by holding the car off the ground and applying some throttle and turning the radio off, it should stop accelerating.

20190701_095204-01.jpeg

You have to set your trim to zero and make sure your throttle epa is 100% in forward and reverse. Then turn the esc on while holding the set button on the switch, once the red light flashes let the button go, let the radio sit in neutral, press the button it will flash green once, hold full throttle forward on the radio and then press button again you'll get two green flashes, then hold full reverse press the button again three green flashes, the esc is calibrated turn off esc switch and then turn back on ready to go, just make sure you check your failsafe, by holding the car off the ground and applying some throttle and turning the radio off, it should stop accelerating.
If the failsafe is properly set when you turn it on it should do nothing, you shouldn't even have to mess with the throttle at all to test. If not set right and you just turn it on it will go full throttle straight in whatever direction it's pointing This reminds me I still need to set my failsaif up on my Outcast, I keep forgetting to set it as right now it's default is full throttle!

If the failsafe is properly set when you turn it on it should do nothing, you shouldn't even have to mess with the throttle at all to test. If not set right and you just turn it on it will go full throttle straight in whatever direction it's pointing This reminds me I still need to set my failsaif up on my Outcast, I keep forgetting to set it as right now it's default is full throttle!
I think it may not always be as described, it will be receiver dependent and is set separately to the esc calibration(failsafe is a receiver function). I have had a situation where the failsafe was set for a nitro car and it was fine if the car was in forward throttle when the link was lost, but if the car was in reverse when it failed the system would accelerate forward. So please people check this functions correctly, it may save your car.

Last edited:
I think it may not always be as described, it will be receiver dependent and is set separately to the esc calibration(failsafe is a receiver function). I have had a situation where the failsafe was set for a nitro car and it was fine if the car was in forward throttle when the link was lost, but if the car was in reverse when it failed the system would accelerate forward. So please people check this functions correctly, it may save your car.
I can 100% confirm that the Tactic receivers can come with the failsafe set to full forward as I have personally had 4 come this way out of the box. RC Bashing the Kraton had his Outcast take off into the woods on him in one of his videos, his next video was about setting up the failsafe lol.
Not saying they are all set up this way but like you said it is always best to check before you go out.

This is a spektrum fail safe is set when you bind. You choose either batteries or nitro
Typhon star primarrma sent me in the right direction ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back