New Redcat Gen Scout crawler pics, specs, and price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes indeed. I love the Scout body and it looks like a truck I want to make faster right away. I'll crawl though if I can show a rig this clean. Very cool.

I love the Scout body and it looks like a truck I want to make faster right away.
Just keep in mind the restrictions of the axe system. You can't mix and match motors/esc. Its stick with the axe motor and ESC or remove them both and replace them. That being said, from all the talk in the two crawling groups I'm in on Facebook, The axe system is super good and highly recommended.

I was happy to see where they went with this rig.. it looks so much nicer than the original gen 8...

Wow, that looks good, and the price is far better than i feared.
I hope it gives the trx-4 a good run for the money in performance. Enduro already did at a cheaper price point and while this is around the same price as the TRX is seems to have a lot of the extras necessary right out of the box. I'm sure the frivilous Traxxas lawsuit will be incoming once it starts to become competition. :ROFLMAO:

Very nice to see Redcat listening to customers feedback and refining the Gen8.

I wonder how long before the PACK will have the upgraded chassis improvements?

I'll pass on that. Or anything RedCat.

I hope it gives the trx-4 a good run for the money in performance. Enduro already did at a cheaper price point and while this is around the same price as the TRX is seems to have a lot of the extras necessary right out of the box. I'm sure the frivilous Traxxas lawsuit will be incoming once it starts to become competition. :ROFLMAO:
Redcat cant' hold a candle to Traxxasss with TRX4. Don't let that Axe system fool you. This Gen 8 is way overpriced. The Gen 8 hype fizzled out.
The Axe system is flawed. HW doesn't sell many. So they are offing it to Gen8 Redcat.
Understand that i am not a Traxxas fan. But I am into Crawlers...;) I have different brands including a TRX4 hand me down giveaway.
Redcat may work for you though.:unsure:
Redcat is a China rebranded product co. The Gen 8 was originally plagued with issues. Who would invest into a more expensive version because it has BL and other "goodies". Redcat has not improved the Steering geometry and a few other tranny output shaft issues. But if you like the way it looks on the shelf that's ok. :LOL:

Last edited:
Just keep in mind the restrictions of the axe system. You can't mix and match motors/esc. Its stick with the axe motor and ESC or remove them both and replace them. That being said, from all the talk in the two crawling groups I'm in on Facebook, The axe system is super good and highly recommended.
That's the problem. You trust FB. Axe is not all that. Even with the latest HW firmware. Drag brake is horrible. And the TH feedback cant be dialed any better. Drag brake is horrible as many honest "Independant" reviews stated. If I was foolish to spend all that money on the Axe, I would be ashamed to say otherwise. I like HW and have many of their ESCs and motors. The Axe system is not all that. Wires are either too long or short. The sensor plug is bulky. You are stuck with Axe motors that appear to be on B/O most of the time. I truly considered it when it came out. I'll pass. there are so many better brushed or brushless ESC's out there. And, Brushed motors feel so much better in a Crawler. IMO

I wonder what the price will be for the PACK with the new refinements?

I was lucky to get my Packs on sale but I'd easily pay another 50 bucks to have the upgrades on it already. I am a fan of the double shear shock mounts, I know they're not needed on a crawler but I think it adds to the scale looks

I wonder what the price will be for the PACK with the new refinements?

I was lucky to get my Packs on sale but I'd easily pay another 50 bucks to have the upgrades on it already. I am a fan of the double shear shock mounts, I know they're not needed on a crawler but I think it adds to the scale looks
Double shear??

anyone have any opinions on the HPI Venture FJ cruiser? I was going to get one but i don't know much about hpi.

It's an engineering term.

It'd be better for you to Google it than for me to explain it to you
I am sorry, I wanted you to explain it to me. I know what that means. Explain how it applies to the Gen8.

anyone have any opinions on the HPI Venture FJ cruiser? I was going to get one but i don't know much about hpi.
Nice looking body/crawler, that didn't get much fanfare after HPI was sold. HPI is in limbo right now. There was very little HPI support for it, Thus Aftermarket support was also Nil. It was not a competitive Crawler. Very clumsy out on the rocks. CG was awful. It was never revised, although it needed to be... IMO. I would stay away.

Nice looking body/crawler, that didn't get much fanfare after HPI was sold. HPI is in limbo right now. There was very little HPI support for it, Thus Aftermarket support was also Nil. It was not a competitive Crawler. Very clumsy out on the rocks. CG was awful. It was never revised, although it needed to be... IMO. I would stay away.

k thanks... guess im gonna go with the axial then.. its for my son but i will prob start modding it so might as well have a good platform...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back