Granite New savox servo not much movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Wrench

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I replaced my steering servo with a savox 0230 and there is hardly any throw at the servo horn, the tires barely turn. I have tried the endpoint setting but that’s not the problem.

That servo is too weak, it's only 2.5kg! You need at least 15kg to turn the tires at a good speed, I recommend upgrading it to a more torquey servo. If possible, try to return it or exchange it.

In Woodie’s upgrade sticky he says to use the savox 0230mg is this not the one to upgrade to?

In Woodie’s upgrade sticky he says to use the savox 0230mg is this not the one to upgrade to?
He should probably remove that, that servo is super weak in a 1/10 4x4 MT.

Hey, at least that 0230 is Waterproof.:LOL:
Because it should be tossed off a bridge into the ocean.
Sorry, I am not a fan of Savox in general anyway. Been there with expensive brands before.
Just me.;)

Great I already cut the tabs on the servo, so it’s not returnable , well tomorrow has to be better, I am getting a pacemaker I hope they have the right upgrade…Even if it isn’t strong enough why is there no throw?

Last edited:
Hey, at least that 0230 is Waterproof.:LOL:
Because it should be tossed off a bridge into the ocean.
Sorry, I am not a fan of Savox in general anyway. Been there with expensive brands before.
Just me.;)
Each to there own, I've owned different brands. My savox has been doing just fine for the last 6+ months. Pricey yes. Powerhobby and agf make decent servo as well.

Promodeler is probably the only brand servo I am willing to pay Hard $$ for nowadays, if I do. Over the years probably spent close to $1k in high end servos , Mostly Futaba's, being a fanboy way back. Also went the Savox and Hitec route. I am no fanboy of any one brand now. My wallet agrees.
To each his own is right.;)

I don’t know what I was doing wrong but I have plenty of throw now and with the servo non returnable I will just run it when I feel better after tomorrow…
Hey Run what you got. See where it leads to. If it does move for you now.:unsure:
If it's there to stay!
I would definitely turn up the BEC volts in the ESC setting parameters if you can. Look over the ESC instructions to do this. If it's possible.
Can only help at this point, being a HV rated ( high voltage) servo. This can make all the difference for you.
This servo will run optimally at 7.4volts. Its maximum potential. At 6v will be less fast and have less torque. By default the ESC is probably set at 6v BEC right now. Look into this. The ESC BEC settings may have 7.2v BEC available. IDK for sure. ESC Manual will state more regarding this.
What I would do. That servo is a good servo. Not hating, Just feel it is underpowered. Work with what you got like I stated above.
Let us know how it goes.:)

Last edited:
I see Woodie changed his recommendations on the upgraded servo, after I heal from the pacemaker implant I will try what SrC recommended and see if i can make it work or if I have a $50.00 paperweight…

The Savox 0230MG is 111oz/in at 7.4v, the stock Spektrum 651 servo is 103oz/in at 7.2v. There is no reason that servo should not be working.

Last edited:
Although I feel underpowered, 0230 should be an operable servo. And way better quality than the stocker. Is a drop-in with similar power specs to the stocker 651. 0230 will even handle 7.4 volts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back