Limitless New Scorched chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I already bought their other GT chassis. Lol. Oh well. I’m not fast enough to worry about that yet. But man is that thing nice.
I was looking at the Hobao one, but cannot justify it for the speeds I am going.

I was looking at the Hobao one, but cannot justify it for the speeds I am going.
I had a hard time spending the money on the regular GT chassis but I mainly wanted the easy real estate to work with. Now I’ve been having a heck of time getting the suspension just right. I’m gonna take it apart maybe this weekend and see what I can find.

So this comes out the day i bought the 'old' GT (SPC) at the LHS?!
Still happy i picked it up though. It make the build clean and maybe lighter. Haven't decided if i will keep the Grafil body or switch back to the Seven65
They were waiting on us to buy those first. 🤣

Gorgeous, I love Scorched stuff.. they pretty much make the best parts you can buy for these cars. I have a "regular" SPC and a GTC version of this chassis, they are the best quality carbon I've ever seen. I think Both Raz and James are using the older version of this chassis on their fastest runs. One thing that Scorched does that I love is they use metal on the part of the chassis that touches the droop screw, so you don't crack the carbon when using the screws to adjust ride height. Saga doesn't do this on his CF chassis, I don't know if I've seen another CF chassis that does. These go for about what, $250 shipped? That's super expensive for a chassis.. but the attention to detail and the quality of both the CF and aluminum parts goes a long way towards justifying the cost

Scorched...
angry kyle broflovski GIF by South Park
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

So will there be a gtc version without all the holes I wont use?

So will there be a gtc version without all the holes I wont use?
All depends on what holes you use doesn't it?

Whiles 'dropping in' the old GT (SPC) i am a bit confused why i seemingly need to shorten my (own custom) pinoccio spool with 4-5mm to make it fit?! On the website it says on the SPC running a pinoccio spool is mandatory, but this would basically mean the wheelbase gets shortened. (take note on my org chassis i already raised the diffs for straighter allignment, that should not be the answer)

All depends on what holes you use doesn't it?

Whiles 'dropping in' the old GT (SPC) i am a bit confused why i seemingly need to shorten my (own custom) pinoccio spool with 4-5mm to make it fit?! On the website it says on the SPC running a pinoccio spool is mandatory, but this would basically mean the wheelbase gets shortened. (take note on my org chassis i already raised the diffs for straighter allignment, that should not be the answer)
Is it possible you need to flip it around? Figured I ask before you chop up your spool.
Edit: nvm. I somehow missed that it was a custom spool. Do carry on (y)

The custom spool is longer and bearing supported to fit 2x the front shafts

I found my (worn) pinocchio from scorched and it fits. Now i am trying to replace the pins of the scorched rear shaft. If that wont work ill start looking for a 8mm rod and make a new custom spool

I found my (worn) pinocchio from scorched and it fits. Now i am trying to replace the pins of the scorched rear shaft. If that wont work ill start looking for a 8mm rod and make a new custom spool
Let me know how those pins go. Trying to find a way to replace them myself without beating the snot out of my shafts.

Let me know how those pins go. Trying to find a way to replace them myself without beating the snot out of my shafts.
IIRC, I needed to replace the pin on the long GPM shaft I was using before and used a nail that fit really snug but not quite requiring a snot beating. Worked great. Please don't ask me what size the nail was. I cannae recall.

IIRC, I needed to replace the pin on the long GPM shaft I was using before and used a nail that fit really snug but not quite requiring a snot beating. Worked great. Please don't ask me what size the nail was. I cannae recall.
I have a roll pin punch that’s recessed for building AR’s. I think that may work to get it started.

I have the Mugen pin replacement tool and highly recommend it. Awesome product!

I haven’t posted much about my dual motor build except that I’m doing one but this is the chassis I have coming for it. I’m excited to give it a shot. I’ll post impressions once it comes

I haven’t posted much about my dual motor build except that I’m doing one but this is the chassis I have coming for it. I’m excited to give it a shot. I’ll post impressions once it comes
Can’t wait. I hate you btw. Just kidding. Once I’m up to your speeds then I’ll start looking at that chassis. Until then I’ll use the regular GT poor folk chassis. If it ever stops raining here. You northern guys have an off season. I guess we do too. Sunshine state my ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back