Mojave New Screws/ stainless steel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just couldn't see any good stamping from the Picture.
But SAO is the Company and well 12.9 is the grade of steel.
Arrma uses YFS (brand) 12.9 Hardware. YFS is a well known high end Taiwan producer I showed the link above. The largest perhaps.
Not that some other companies don't make decent 12.9. But the quality and visibility of the stamping means something to me. If there is anything to go by.
There is so much Chinesium garbage out there is what I am saying. But may be good enough for some of us. IDK I tend to be more discriminating than most.

Yeah its definitely a sore subject for you SrC lol 🤣 I cant tell ya the last time a screw gave me issues that my tools couldn't fix very quickly. Crap metal or not I snap off or strip out Arrma screws as much as any other.

Those are a Big mistake. I had those, Just in my Crawler they sucked. Real cheap and soft. Some were poorly broached at the hexes and were garbage out the box. I would never buy SS again. For fasteners in any RC. Definitely not those RC Screwz for sure. (n) In fact the set for my Axial SCX10.2 was incomplete and Customer service was poor, they wouldn't even send me missing screws. Told be to send all back, after I installed much already. These are sub par. Don't let this shiny SS Bling fool you.
The hexes will all strip out from being too soft after a few times removed and installed Way faster than 12.9 grade, that guys let rust up. SS is soft in general compared to steel. The Arrma 12.9 grade fasteners are best.👍 Replace with same. (12.9 grade Steel only) don't mess with 10.9 grade steel either. Sure these 12.9's wear out over time and need to be replaced. Just part of RC.
But SS is not the way to go.(n):cool:
Just my fervent opinion.

Edit: RC Screwz told me if I didn't use their included L Hex wrenches that the screws will strip out like I am seeing. Picture me as an idiot rebuilding a whole rig with their included L wrench keys. What a joke, I told them I use MIP Hex drivers and they even said they are no good to use with their screws. What clowns. They just wanted all back and couldn't even replace a half dozen missing screws and many defective ones. I ate the loss. They were not cheap either. Let my experience be your lesson.
Further research with other brands told me that SS is Just NOT the way to go in these size fasteners for RC.
I truly think the company is borderline scam if you ask me. Or they have a few SCREWZ loose maybe.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 125167
I learned the hard way too... junk!!

Yeah its definitely a sore subject for you SrC lol 🤣 I cant tell ya the last time a screw gave me issues that my tools couldn't fix very quickly. Crap metal or not I snap off or strip out Arrma screws as much as any other.
I don't share all my BS experiences with this hobby. I don't generally cry about these things. You never see me post my own thread about a crap item I got. I could write a book. But if I can relate my experience when someone asks. I surely will. Sometimes I rant some of the steam out of my exper. also. Sorry, cant help myself. I have bins full of crap and garbage I test and try out and attempt to use. From servos, etc, etc. HR, GPM stuff and on and on that doesn't work or fit on all types and brands of rigs here.

I don't share all my BS experiences with this hobby. I don't generally cry about these things. You never see me post my own thread about a crap item I got. I could write a book. But if I can relate my experience when someone asks. I surely will. Sometimes I rant some of the steam out of my exper. also. Sorry, cant help myself. I have bins full of crap and garbage I test and try out and attempt to use. From servos, etc, etc. HR, GPM stuff and on and on that doesn't work or fit on all types and brands of rigs here.
lol I know man. I was just pokin the bear :bear:. None of my posts are meant to offend. I just like to mess around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back