Senton New Senton 3s BLX necessary upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandd702

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
New to the hobby and I got the Senton 3s BLX for my 5 years old grandson. So far I purchased a few necessary items along with a few upgrades items:
• Venom Pro Duo LiPo Battery Charger
• Two Powerhobby 2s 7.4v 7600mah 35c Lipo batteries EC5 plug
• Spare body shell in green since the truck came with the orange shell.
• LiPo batteries charging bags
• Four new original spare tires/wheels
• Spare suspension arms front/rear
• Spare front bumper
• Big bore aluminum shocks
• Jims bearings sealed full set
• Hot Racing Aluminum Pivot Ball Set
• EcoPower WP110T Servo
• A factory bag of screws, nuts and hardware for the truck
• Four spare body clips with the rubber holders
• Dynamite and Bondhus tools
Do l need anything else? Cleaners, fluids, grease? What type/brand? Should l upgrade the transmitter? Keep in mind the kid is only 5 years old but pretty sharp though. I want to get everything that he might need for the RC hobby for his birthday when he comes to visit me in Vegas from Wyoming. Thanks!

New to the hobby and I got the Senton 3s BLX for my 5 years old grandson. So far I purchased a few necessary items along with a few upgrades items:
• Venom Pro Duo LiPo Battery Charger
• Two Powerhobby 2s 7.4v 7600mah 35c Lipo batteries EC5 plug
• Spare body shell in green since the truck came with the orange shell.
• LiPo batteries charging bags
• Four new original spare tires/wheels
• Spare suspension arms front/rear
• Spare front bumper
• Big bore aluminum shocks
• Jims bearings sealed full set
• Hot Racing Aluminum Pivot Ball Set
• EcoPower WP110T Servo
• A factory bag of screws, nuts and hardware for the truck
• Four spare body clips with the rubber holders
• Dynamite and Bondhus tools
Do l need anything else? Cleaners, fluids, grease? What type/brand? Should l upgrade the transmitter? Keep in mind the kid is only 5 years old but pretty sharp though. I want to get everything that he might need for the RC hobby for his birthday when he comes to visit me in Vegas from Wyoming. Thanks!

WOW - Can I be your 5 year old grandson? :ROFLMAO: You are thoughtful and generous.

I've been bashing my Senton 3S for about 2 months. The bumpers WILL break. Maybe a T-Bone front and back bumper? They are pretty solid and I just too a full speed smack into a mailbox post with no problems.

Run the TX at 50% just to break him/you into the speed. It's pretty quick at 2S alone.

Lastly, if he plans to really bash it, re-enforcing the body might be a fun activity with him. Fiber-Tape + Silicon sealant(Sho Goo, etc.)

The TX/RX is OK and actually pretty good for a kid - you can detune the TX with a couple of knobs right there instead of intricate digital menus.

Shock oil. I just did the shock oil in mine and it's quite a different truck now - for the better so far. You'll have to fill them up anyway when replacing them. c

Personally, I think a better transmitter will even help a kid. That delay doesn't help anyone :) A receiver with a gyro will help control the car too. Check out the Dumbo RC X6 with receiver that has the gyro. It was the first thing I replaced and the most necessary IMO. I would replace that before shocks, and pivot balls and stuff.

https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6...0-Rc-Car-Boat-Tank-Model-Parts-p-1454329.html

https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protections-Controller/dp/B07Q112TQF

And if you are going to be running in hot weather, a motor fan can help a lot. Sometimes kids don't have the patience to let things cool. I bought this fan, and it moves a lot of air
https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-racing-30x30x10mm-tornado-high-speed-fan-black-yea-ya-0180/p491060

I already ordered a Dumbo RC X6 with receiver. As for the cooling fan l don’t think it’s necessary since he’s going to run the truck in Wyoming. He only visits me in Vegas for a few days. Thanks ?

Attachments

• 1592356992546258535178900830777.jpg
    1592356992546258535178900830777.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 15923570940316723853248569870705.jpg
    15923570940316723853248569870705.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 39
What shock oil weight did you use for the front and rear?
I'm using 60W all around. However, my body is a little heavier than stock because of all the silicon in it. I'm also running Proline 2.8 Badlands so the truck is def heavier than stock.

It makes a really nice "thud" when dropping it. I think the sweet spot is about 50W

I'm using 60W all around. However, my body is a little heavier than stock because of all the silicon in it. I'm also running Proline 2.8 Badlands so the truck is def heavier than stock.

It makes a really nice "thud" when dropping it. I think the sweet spot is about 50W

I'm very happy we 45w, but I have no added weight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back