Senton New Senton 3s BLX - Not rolling smoothly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massivus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi,
I just unboxed my brand new Senton 3s, and noticed that the driveline is not smooth at all.

I pulled the motor out to check the smoothness of the front and rear diff.
When rolling on a table without motor in, it is really rough. It almost feels like you would expect it to feel WITH the motor in - it feels like the cogs in the diffs "stick".

Is it supposed to be like this or should it be silky smooth without the motor in? Any tips on what to do?
Thanks!

The diffs should wear in a little. My granite was like that when I bought it.

The diffs should wear in a little. My granite was like that when I bought it.
Thank you for your answer.
Okay, I was afraid if running it would ruin it but then maybe it's the other way around :)

I would say with the power module out it should roll like butter. No resistance at all. I would inspect those diff ASAP. No bueno

I opened the rear diff now and had a look. Everything looked fine, but I noticed that the edges of gears were very sharp. I guess they will be smoothed down and have less friction after being worn down a bit. Will run the hell out of it as soon as we get a dry day.

My new Typhon is getting terrible run times (3-4 minutes) and I noticed my drivetrain was rough with the motor out, I put new rubber seal bearings in as the stock ones were rusty after only 2 outings. One thing I did notice is slacking the diff casing yolks of by just quarter a turn on the 2 screws made it roll much smoother.

My new Typhon is getting terrible run times (3-4 minutes) and I noticed my drivetrain was rough with the motor out, I put new rubber seal bearings in as the stock ones were rusty after only 2 outings. One thing I did notice is slacking the diff casing yolks of by just quarter a turn on the 2 screws made it roll much smoother.
Yep over tightening the yokes is a common mistake. Gotta check for binding when you reassemble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back