New senton 3s servo dead after two weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbagpvt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Servo in my new senton 3s blx just died after two weeks of owning it. Doesn't do anything, a buddy hooked up a spare servo to my wiring and it worked. Is their any warranty on servo?? Also I am new to rc world and any suggestions of a different upgraded servo would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes there is a warranty, but you will need to set your end points on your steering to avoid burning out the next one. Getting a warranty on a servo is a waste of time IMO. A $25 Amazon servo will be way better and quicker to get.

Yea I did set my end points don't really know what else may have caused it and yea I am looking on amazon for a different one but still want to replace the spektrum servo if it was still under warranty just for another spare. Thanks any advice on servos that are decent??

Lost my S3s servo early too. Horizzon is on top of warrenty stuff, had me a new "upgraded" servo in less the 10 days. In the meantime I put in a Savox .15/208 wateproof digital. Works great.

Any of the generic 25 or 35 kg 180 degree servos will work. However keep in mind that most of these aftermarket servos are 25T and Spektrum servos are 23T so you will need the 25T version of the Arrma servo saver (red in color).
Thanks
Lost my S3s servo early too. Horizzon is on top of warrenty stuff, had me a new "upgraded" servo in less the 10 days. In the meantime I put in a Savox .15/208 wateproof digital. Works great.
Ok thanks what did you have to do to get warranty process going?

No one warranties on the servo. They ate usually trash. Super cheap to get a decent servo/saver and be done with it for a while. I went thru 3 in as many weeks. When I was starting just a couple months back

Did you set your steering endpoints OTB, if not that will kill it.

Email Horizon Hobby. Have receipt ready and serial number and description or video of the problem.

Screenshot_20210529-154911_Chrome.jpg

Google for DS3225 servo. Very cheap and way better than stock. Personally I don't like the servo horns they come with though (with a tiny screw on the side on the servo horn) -> stripped a horn shortly after installing it. Better to use the Arrma servo (25T) horn or get one (25T) without such a screw.

So why exactly do some ppl not run servo savers?
I imagine steering is a little tighter and more predictable without a servo saver. But parts are more likely to break. You'll want to use a servo saver in a basher.

I'm not an expert though. Perhaps someone smarter than me can chime in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back