Senton New Senton, essentials mods before first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

first real issue with the Senton above happened yesterday.
Btw loving the 3S BLX platform so much that I also ordered the Granite for my son!

Anyways, the Senton started making weird noise under the throttle.
Seemed like a transmission box so after a bit of dissasembly I found that my slipper clutch hub is probably broken.
Its first slipper clutch that I saw so just to make sure here....

The middle piece here is supposed to be one piece with the copper ring part, right?
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/slipper-plate-and-hub-set/ARA310946.html

Mine looks broken and I guess it is the reason why the screw on spring can not really push onto the plates hard enough
and instead the clutch slipping under throttle? Is that correct?
Thank you for your confirmation!

View attachment 248257
Yep... it's toast.
Time to replace the whole unit.
Don't forget to grab a new slipper maintenance set as well.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/slipper-clutch-maintenance-set/ARA311033.html

Really needed? Parts of mine still look like brand new, it has like 20 packs I believe.
Needed... probably not, but I always replace them whenever I replace the slipper plates and/or pads.
They're cheap enough, so I just swap them out regardless.
If the pads are still good and not glazed over, use them. Same with the slipper gear.

Just adding to the protection for the interior, I have scorched fenders, and a toptubz cover, after my first run on wet recently cut grass.. since adding both, I’ve had no issues with debris damage to any thing (so far), temperatures have increased a little, but here in the uk it’s rarely warm enough to be an issue, and I can add fans into the toptubz to create more airflow if necessary.

I didn’t see any answers to where to reinforce the body, but around the wheel arches takes quite a beating so I added 2 layers, but have since changed to a beetle body (Jconcepts) because it gives an almost self righting rig, which being disabled saves me a lot of walks to put it upright. I mainly run on rough grass so rolling over is quite a common occurrence. Still have the Senton shell with only a few scratches.

I have also added neoprene “penny” washers on the body posts it stops the body rattling and in doing so wearing and the reduced movement reduces the risk of damage around the body mounts, only negative is it has made inserting the pins a little more difficult.

Hopefully this information will help someone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back