Senton New Senton Mega 550 Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJDavis

Reaction score
I got a brand new Senton Mega 550. I charged the battery the first time and it went dead in about 20 minutes of driving. I charged it a second time, the charge took much longer to reach peak charge. It drove for about 20 minutes and died. It now will only move a couple inches at a time. What am I doing or not doing? Thanks for the help!

20 min is about right for Nimpacks. Also all Nimpcks when new, need to be cycled 4+ times and more to get max performance out of them. They are "lazy"when new. Nimpacks are susceptible to memory effect unlike Lipos. Train them when new to get the max. out of them. They should be stored in a discharged state (aprox 0.9v/cell) unlike lipos that store at a 50% discharged state. It took longer to charge on the second charge because when new it was not completely dead, so your first charge was quicker. The second charge was charging a fully depleted pack. Just my thoughts. I believe you are using the 8.4v Nimpack?? Lipos are better.
Welcome to AF.:cool:

You are lucky to have gotten 20 minutes from the stock 2400mAh battery. On a Granite Mega, it lasts about 10 minutes.

A 5000mAh battery would give you much more run time.

You should consider a faster charger as well if you are using the stock charger.

You are lucky to have gotten 20 minutes from the stock 2400mAh battery. On a Granite Mega, it lasts about 10 minutes.

A 5000mAh battery would give you much more run time.

You should consider a faster charger as well if you are using the stock charger.

So, this is normal? Just the run time is very short?

That Nimpack with use will lose its capacity with use. The nature of Nims. I would continue using the stock battery and charger. I would not invest in any Nimpack batteries or upgrade Nimpack chargers. Just go Lipo and equipment when you are ready IMHO. BTW, there is no such thing as a legit 5000mAh nimpack. This is well known. Sub-C cell technology has limitations. 3000Mah is more legit, anything spec'd higher is usually false and over rated. This has been going on for years like this.

20 min is about right for Nimpacks. Also all Nimpcks when new, need to be cycled 4+ times and more to get max performance out of them. They are "lazy"when new. Nimpacks are susceptible to memory effect unlike Lipos. Train them when new to get the max. out of them. They should be stored in a discharged state (aprox 0.9v/cell) unlike lipos that store at a 50% discharged state. It took longer to charge on the second charge because when new it was not completely dead, so your first charge was quicker. The second charge was charging a fully depleted pack. Just my thoughts. I believe you are using the 8.4v Nimpack?? Lipos are better.
Welcome to AF.:cool:
Thanks for the welcome and the information.

Yes it does have an 8.4V Nimh battery. Do you have any suggestions for batteries/charger that would be a good fit with longer run time?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back