New Senton motor chatter please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dpointer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My recent purchase of my Senton 4x4 blx 3s has been kinda bad. Right out of the box the senton seemed to run 95% okay with an occasional response hiccup when hitting the throttle. As the week went by the problem seem to go from lag and a small amount if cogging to just cogging and not going anywhere. I removed the motor and ran it while only hooked up the esc and same issue so I know for a fact it is nothing in the diffs or anything other than the esc or motor since they are the only things hooked up. I attached a video to show what's happening.

I have tried:
Recallobrate controller and esc
Took the drive shaft apart to check for broken parts.
Stood on my head and touched my nose while jiggling wires to see if it was a connection issue.
Still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is the video

Last edited:
My recent purchase of my Senton 4x4 blx 3s has been kinda bad. Right out of the box the senton seemed to run 95% okay with an occasional response hiccup when hitting the throttle. As the week went by the problem seem to go from lag and a small amount if cogging to just cogging and not going anywhere. I removed the motor and ran it while only hooked up the esc and same issue so I know for a fact it is nothing in the diffs or anything other than the esc or motor since they are the only things hooked up. I attached a video to show what's happening.

I have tried:
Stood on my head and touched my nose while jiggling wires to see if it was a connection issue.
This is the video
Another view
Other video

I have tried:
This is the video
Also just noticed it'll work if I push it. But problem eventually comes back. Bad esc?

Do you have another motor and/or esc to test with? Try the other motor on the currently installed esc and vice versa.

Don't rule out that STX Tx and/or Rx as the issue. You said you had response lag early on....aside from that I would focus on the motor.
Swapping motors is the best way to tell, as a start, if that is an option for you. In the video, it almost seems like extreme cogging. which generally is a lipo/ esc power delivery issue. Bad motor phasing.

Do you have another motor and/or esc to test with? Try the other motor on the currently installed esc and vice versa.
I don't have anything else to test with. Basically just wondering if a brushless motor goes bad can it still operate at all? I'm thinking not and that maybe only leaves the esc as the culprit. Or can a motor go bad and still work for awhile after being pushed?

I don't have anything else to test with. Basically just wondering if a brushless motor goes bad can it still operate at all? I'm thinking not and that maybe only leaves the esc as the culprit. Or can a motor go bad and still work for awhile after being pushed?
Check the motors bearings to see if overheated or binding....Stator or armature may be fried.
But lets first rule out issues with your motors 3 phase wires/connections. From ESC to the motor and its connectors. That's easy enough. Using a dig. voltmeter will speed that up. Set it for impedance to check for continuity and resistance along each phase wire. Battery disconnected of course.
Orr try swapping 2 of the motors wires to see if cogging disappears. Or TH response is different. Noticing motor should rotate reversely.

Last edited:
I say that is possible. Improper phasing can result from the ESC output also. Make sure you wiring is good. Connectors can fail too. Try swapping 2 of the motor connector leads. See what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back