Talion new servo for my talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that also many years ago. "Savox the best" Not so. LHS will push that stuff etc. Maybe the name is a status thing IDK.
I have tried many brands out there from Chinesium stuff to expensive Futaba, Savox, Hitec and the list goes on and on.
I have 3 Savox servos currently out of 17 rigs here. One is fine. It is a Track servo, Not WP. Works great in my Tekno MT. Just not a true basher servo, Not WP. (SA-1230)

BUT... by contrast I also bought 2 Savox 1210's. Both NG out the box purchased together, Noisy as heck struggled to center, bad potentiometers, tested them on my Servo tester and on my Crawlers and Arrma rigs. Junk. Savox Warranty had them for 3 months and sent the same back. No answer or explanation. I ate the loss for both. ($160) The 1210's suck IMHO.
Servos get beat to crap, either buy a $ProModeler$ servo for a high dollar or just go with the servo I linked above or similar. There are other flavors of 35kg out there. Others will chime in with theirs. It seems I am alone with my Savox 1210 issues. The odds that 2 identical servos fail out the box is not by accident IMHO, They are just $ garbage no better than servos less than half their price. So I wont ever give Savox my money again. Cust support is a Zero.
Buy a cheaper well known servo and toss it when it breaks. Servos just wear out anyway. We bash them hard. Just make sure and get a 35kg or higher torque servo. Or buy a Promodeler servo. The cream of the crop. Best designed and best parts used to make them. Used in Military drones.
It's your wallet. I'll let others chime in. :cool:
BTW, I have 5 of the AMZ servos I linked above. Non failed me yet. All on my Arrma 6s rigs. Oldest is a year old and bashed to crap. When it breaks I just get another. I keep a new spare servo as a backup always.

Last edited:
You will hear a lot, Savox is still good but define what 'good' means.
For value go with above Amazon version. Good are also PowerHD, JX and top of the line (by price) is Promodeler.

Any of the standard servos will work, I have a 25KG in my Talion and works well but go with 35KG if you plan on using Backflip LP tires.

^^^My on roads run 25 kg just fine. Smaller tires , Bash differently. Yeah most 1/8 MT tires need some torque to move them.
It all comes down to your wallet.
Just have to think carefully if you are willing to drop heavy coin on a servo. Don't get burned. Then your pocket hurts more if you get a bad one. ProModeler for instance has excellent cust. service in FL. I would get one in a heart beat if my wallet said ok. The $30-$40 ish range servos are not tragic and and disposable. AMZ has great service FWIW. Zoskay seller who I get from also has great reviews and cust service.
I emailed them before I considered their servos, they responded immediately from CN. Answered basic questions. Takes pride in their stuff. So I jumped in. But I understand these Chinesium servos are all rebranded in the end. If they work, fine for me.

I heard that also many years ago. "Savox the best" Not so. LHS will push that stuff etc. Maybe the name is a status thing IDK.
I have tried many brands out there from Chinesium stuff to expensive Futaba, Savox, Hitec and the list goes on and on.
I have 3 Savox servos currently out of 17 rigs here. One is fine. It is a Track servo, Not WP. Works great in my Tekno MT. Just not a true basher servo, Not WP. (SA-1230)

BUT... by contrast I also bought 2 Savox 1210's. Both NG out the box purchased together, Noisy as heck struggled to center, bad potentiometers, tested them on my Servo tester and on my Crawlers and Arrma rigs. Junk. Savox Warranty had them for 3 months and sent the same back. No answer or explanation. I ate the loss for both. ($160) The 1210's suck IMHO.
Servos get beat to crap, either buy a $ProModeler$ servo for a high dollar or just go with the servo I linked above or similar. There are other flavors of 35kg out there. Others will chime in with theirs. It seems I am alone with my Savox 1210 issues. The odds that 2 identical servos fail out the box is not by accident IMHO, They are just $ garbage no better than servos less than half their price. So I wont ever give Savox my money again. Cust support is a Zero.
Buy a cheaper well known servo and toss it when it breaks. Servos just wear out anyway. We bash them hard. Just make sure and get a 35kg or higher torque servo. Or buy a Promodeler servo. The cream of the crop. Best designed and best parts used to make them. Used in Military drones.
It's your wallet. I'll let others chime in. :cool:
BTW, I have 5 of the AMZ servos I linked above. Non failed me yet. All on my Arrma 6s rigs. Oldest is a year old and bashed to crap. When it breaks I just get another. I keep a new spare servo as a backup always.
I don't want a bad servo but I have a budget and not much can be worse than the stock ones
I just looked at the promodeler page they had one that does 1155oz but the price thing is a prob $190 that is over my budget I am currently on the if it breaks buy a new part but the servo is bad enough that I call it broken

I believe there is widespread agreement that the stock servo is the worst one out of all of them. High rate of failure and low torque.
Any of the above are good or great options.
I have destroyed 2 PowerHD early last year and have been running the cheap DS3225 / DS3235 since, without any issues.

Others successfully run PowerHD, JX, Ecoboost. They will all break eventually, keep that in mind. Some will do free repairs (maybe Savox, Promodeler) but you would be left without a servo in the meantime i.e. have a backup.

@#ARRMArcfanboy4life, can you afford a $32. servo? We all have a budget, I understand.
RC is about breaking and replacing parts. Need to get used to that. You can call HH for a free replacement if the first one is no good/defective. Can try at least. Just that you will be back at square one with a rather weak servo. But it is your only least expensive option for now.
You have enough info to make a choice. Your call. :cool:

I agree with the stock servos suck. My mojave was "used" probably had one run from previous owner and it had a seized up stock servo. I'm not complaining though, I got it for $120 off and stuck on that $32 servo. I'm happy.

if you look at my location I live on Elon Musk's moon base lol
and before this I lived nowhere bc I want to be a private as possible on a public social media platform exclusive for people with arrma cars

^^^ I live down the block. Maybe we can meet up to bash on the other side of the moon. Some good spots over there.:ROFLMAO:

^^^ I live down the block. Maybe we can meet up to bash on the other side of the moon. Some good spots over there.:ROFLMAO:
I bet you guys get some really good air with the lack of gravity and whatnot! Dusty though... :)

I also had a savox 1210 die on me after a year. Been running a hobbystar HCS-4521wp for a year now in both my outcast and ERBEv2. Plenty of power for even 3.8" trenchers and fast, especially at 7V+.

Can get them on sale at rcjuice for $35 on occasion:
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-hcs-4521-high-torque-digital-waterproof-crawler-servo.html

^^^ Nice servo. 👍 :)
Another option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back