New servo not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berto

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
Hi,
The servo on my talion died (stripped gears) so I got an Amazon 35kg. I’ve plugged it in and it doesn’t work, I even tried it in the throttle socket and still nothing when pulling the throttle. Am I missing something or is the servo broken?

You got a bad one.:( Yeah you swapped channels and all. (y) If you are talking the DS3235 35kg coreless servo, of 8 that I bought 1 was DOA. Returned it. The others are all working great. My oldest is 2 years and ticking fine. I always check any new servo out the box , any brand.. Even Savox has let me down before, new out the box. (2 1210's purchased together) ,Couldnt return it and Savox Cust service dropped the ball. So I use the cheaper generic brands, now. But bad ones can happen. Any brand. Probably been through aprox. 30+ servos in 35+ years of RC'ing. Savox, Futabas, Hitec etc. I rather deal with generics for bashing. I don't race at the track anymore.

You got a bad one.:( Yeah you swapped channels and all. (y) If you are talking the DS3235 35kg coreless servo, of 8 that I bought 1 was DOA. Returned it. The others are all working great. My oldest is 2 years and ticking fine. I always check any new servo out the box , any brand.. Even Savox has let me down before, new out the box. (2 1210's purchased together) ,Couldnt return it and Savox Cust service dropped the ball. So I use the cheaper generic brands, now. But bad ones can happen. Any brand. Probably been through aprox. 30+ servos in 35+ years of RC'ing. Savox, Futabas, Hitec etc. I rather deal with generics for bashing. I don't race at the track anymore.
That’s very helpful, thanks. It was the DS3235 blue one as it’s just for bashing. I’ve changed servos before and they always worked first time so was a bit confused.

Try like stated above. Reverse the plug in the Rx.. If you haven't already.
With the Signal and Ground wire reversed, it will not power up. No damage will occur if you did that by mistake. Don't worry.
If that doesn't work. She is DOA. Crap happens. Order another. If past the return period, or you get the run around from the seller, I would just send the broken one back as a return from the second order. Been there with some AMZ sellers.
Good luck.

Yeah, I tried flipping the plug round. It’s a dud

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back