New servo promodeler help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcastello755

Reaction score
So I got this servo for Father’s Day I love my wife ! John the company owner try to explain it to me via email how to run this servo,
which has 1150 oz of torque. He said it needs a separate battery hooked up To it, which I also got from him now to the problem lol

I don’t know how to run the connections because you can’t run 2 power supplies to the receiver and esc can cause damage from
What I understand he told me cut the red wire on the esc something along those lines

Anyway any videos or pics would help please. I want to install it and I just don’t know how without damaging something.

Some pics with specs it’s going into a kexb hoping to use really big tires so lmk !

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slice red wire on ESC so it cant send power to the receiver. Plug the promodeler battery into the receiver and boom! Just make sure to put heat shrink over the sliced red wire so it cant send power.
Don’t need a External bec to monitor the lipo power ?

No LVC ?

Slice red wire on ESC so it cant send power to the receiver. Plug the promodeler battery into the receiver and boom! Just make sure to put heat shrink over the sliced red wire so it cant send power.
How do I run my fans?
Don’t need a External bec to monitor the lipo power ?

No LVC ?
Good question is to many questions I feel
Like what about my fans another battery how many batteries am I running here fudge ! Lol

I have several Promodeler servos but not a 1155 (overkill), and haven’t used a separate battery pack on any of them. So far so good……. I know John really pushes for dedicated power to his servos to maximize performance. I did not watch these videos but they may help.

Did you get one of these? I believe that battery uses an XT- 30

View attachment 227481
No I did not should i?
I have several Promodeler servos but not a 1155 (overkill), and haven’t used a separate battery pack on any of them. So far so good……. I know John really pushes for dedicated power to his servos to maximize performance. I did not watch these videos but they may help.
You think it might be good without separate battery?
No I did not should i?

You think it might be good without separate battery?
He just told me to
Buy to 6” extensions what can I do with that connection?

Last edited:
Yes. Not going against John I have different models of his on my Infraction, TLR, Kraton 6S no external battery.

Got it thanks man!!
Yes. Not going against John I have different models of his on my Infraction, TLR, Kraton 6S no external battery.
How can I charge the battery? Under Lipo or the charger should have the type ?
Do you run the model I got without the extra battery?

Got it thanks man!!

How can I charge the battery? Under Lipo or the charger should have the type ?

As I mentioned, I don’t use the extra battery. I’ve had good luck so far. I bump up my ESC’s BEC to higher voltage.
That adapter should connect the battery to the servo and servo to the receiver. Remember that the servo will draw power from the battery and signal from the receiver via the “Y”adapter.

I have this model:
ProModeler DS630BLHV

In my Kraton 6S, Infraction and Typhon. Still a bit overkill but I like John and the little guy felt a lot better paying him than 3 Savvox servos.

No external battery. I do feel I have good ESCs... Kraton is a Max6 internal BEC is set to max think is 7.2v. Typhon is running a Max8 and the BEC is set to the same. The Infraction has a Firma 160 ESC over the 150 ESC that comes in stock and BEC on it is at 6v and not 8.4v...6v is fast enough for a basher.

All with no external battery for a lot of bashes and still going good. In addition, all my rigs have front/rear/room and lots of LED lights running off the ESC as well with these ProModedeler servos and no issues at all.

Get an External BEC.. Use the li-ion to power the bec and have one plug going into the receiver. Slice the red wire on the ESC. Use the rest of the plugs from the battery for your fans. Which fans are you running? I have ones from eBay. 40mm Server fans. I have my 2s usually at storage charge (3.8v) and the fans barely use 0.2v after a whole hour of bashing

Get an External BEC.. Use the li-ion to power the bec and have one plug going into the receiver. Slice the red wire on the ESC. Use the rest of the plugs from the battery for your fans. Which fans are you running? I have ones from eBay. 40mm Server fans. I have my 2s usually at storage charge (3.8v) and the fans barely use 0.2v after a whole hour of bashing
As John strongly recommends, skip the Battery Eliminator Circuit and power direct from the battery. I have used BEC’s and think they are worthwhile. They just need to be installed properly.
1656883068739.jpeg

• Beefy 15T spline vs 25T
  • Best IMAC servo to 42%
  • Best standard for X-MAXX
  • Best 3D servo to 42%
  • Best standard robotics servo
  • Best for heavy hydros
  • Nothing better for 1/8th bashing
  • Best made for 1/10 crawling
  • Not recommended for BEC use

Bottom line is that you can run that servo off of your ESC and at 6v still get 875 oz. - in. torque ( probably twice what you need), What ESC are you using? What rig?
I have castle mmxs.
So it damage it with out the battery it’ll just not give me all the power which is fine by me is really strong anyway I’m worry if I under power it it’ll die @Exc3l

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back