New servo (Savox SB2290sg) will randomly turn either full left or full right all by itself....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astronought

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So after blowing up my old servo a few days back I picked up a Savox SB2290sg, why not just go all out! ?
I went thought the normal servo installation process:
  • Plugged it in
  • Turned off AVC
  • Centered trims
  • Turned it all the way left and then all the way right
  • Put the servo horn on
When I took it out today I noticed that first of all the direction was reversed, which is odd because it was replacing a Savox servo so shouldn't the all turn in the same direction?!
I just reversed the steering in the radio to fix that, but putting that aside for now the second thing that I noticed was that while the turn was moving forwards and I was giving no input on the wheel, the steering would just randomly turn full lock to the right or to the left. Sometimes as soon as I gave it throttle or sometime at a point sometime thereafter. I tried troubleshooting this and it kept happening for 2 whole packs before I just packed it in.
Radio is DX5 rugged, receiver is SR6100AT(I have a glitch buster on it too), Motor and ESC out of a Kraton 8S and it's all installed in my EXB

Any ideas or theories are appreciated!

My guess, it's a bad servo.
Only thing to try, voltage high enough? What ESC/BEC model are you using?
Plug in a different servo and see if that one works.

This servo has an extremely high current draw but that would be an issue under steering and not while sitting idle.
ESC might not be up to the task, again only when under load.

Not a choice I would have made. If you keep it you should get a BEC that can handle the current.

I’d say it’s a bad servo if the previous one was working fine... that’s a weird one. Current starvation or low voltage wouldn’t cause any of that. Maybe, maybe there’s a short in the receiver causing the throttle channel to intermittently mess with the steering channel?? Try a different receiver first. And ditch the glitchbuster if you never had any glitches in the first place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back