New servo, servo saver, bellcrank adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combatjeep

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So, on my first run, my stock servo fried. I got the Savox sw-1210sg and replaced it (to impatient to wait on the Arrma replacement). While apart, I replaced the servo saver, bellcrank and mount with the aluminum HR stuff and an aluminum red Arrma horn. I was at the understanding that this servo was strong enough to center the steering at a stop. True? Well it's not doing it. The HR bellcrank is much stronger than the factory one. Is that it? I'm paranoid too tighten the saver too much. Don't want another servo to fry.

I would make sure the hot racing setup is installed correct and not stiff or binding. I have the same set up on my fazon and it works fine.also make sure your pillow balls are moving freely.that servo has enough power to center the steering.more tention on the servo saver spring should not have any effect unless you have it way to loose.

I would make sure the hot racing setup is installed correct and not stiff or binding. I have the same set up on my fazon and it works fine.also make sure your pillow balls are moving freely.that servo has enough power to center the steering.more tention on the servo saver spring should not have any effect unless you have it way to loose.
Just came in from the beach. Before I went out, I tightened up the saver slightly and it helped a little initially. After running it a bit on the road, the steering was centering at stop. I guess it just had to work in the oil I applied to the bellcrank upon assembly coupled with some good ol breakin in. Next i went out back and the beach was totally flat today and i thought perfect for testing. This is the first real hard run I have done. Wow, this thing turns on a dime. My buddy's savage can barely cut a donut, my Nero was ripping circles in the sand. Had my little girl making a few ramps in the sand and did crazy jumps. I may need to dial down the suspension some softer. I had a crowd of tourists at the beach where I live watching this crazy monster. I was cutting super tight zigzags at distance that Savage couldn't dream of. I guess the steering is good, fingers crossed, lol. Now the issue I gotta cover is it got too hot a quit. It cooled about 15 minutes and I drove it slowly home. I think the t-bone center skid doesn't allow for great airflow, or maybe I should opt for an engine fan and put on the more ventilated Arrma bottom plate. It was pretty hot here today. My kid and I had so much fun though.

glad it's working better.i have a motor fan on mine and it helps. running in sand will put a bigger load on the motor,maybe try a smaller pinion.

glad it's working better.i have a motor fan on mine and it helps. running in sand will put a bigger load on the motor,maybe try a smaller pinion.
What type of motor do you have? I've looked at a few and the way my motor sits right up against the side plate, I'm not sure how I'd mount one. I've seen them that look like they slip right over the cylinder and look pretty thin. We have no rc shops close that know their ass from their face. They just sell parts and triple what it'd be online. I'm retired Army and this is my newest hobby and im loving it. Just wish I had more local resources for knowledge. I y'all here on the forum though.

What type of motor do you have? I've looked at a few and the way my motor sits right up against the side plate, I'm not sure how I'd mount one. I've seen them that look like they slip right over the cylinder and look pretty thin. We have no rc shops close that know their ass from their face. They just sell parts and triple what it'd be online. I'm retired Army and this is my newest hobby and im loving it. Just wish I had more local resources for knowledge. I y'all here on the forum though.
I meant what type of motor fan do you have...

I meant what type of motor fan do you have...
Also, any suggestions on pinion size?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back