New servo steering on its own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having some issues with my new servo, its steering on it's own! If I pick up the truck and lean it forward or backwards the servo starts to move. I have centred it and works fine when it's at rest, but after a short burst going forward on the ground it will steer? I did the control set up! Have i missed something when you replace a servo?
Thanks,
Will

Is your gyro on? A gyro auto-steers and corrects movements using the servo. If you aren’t using a gyro, the servo might be bad.

Yep, it comes with AVC turned on from the factory. You can either turn it down, or off.

It's a steering assistance, how is this helping me? So if I turn it off, I'm in control and the servo will only turn when operated. I'm a little confused by why its needed.
Thanks everyone.

It's a steering assistance, how is this helping me? So if I turn it off, I'm in control and the servo will only turn when operated. I'm a little confused by why its needed.
Thanks everyone.
It’s like cheat mode.. to keep you going in a straight line when things get wonky..
I personally don’t like it. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks everyone.
It’s made for loose surfaces for when you need traction. Instead of spinning out, it would make the car go straight.

Thanks everyone.
Active Vehicle Control.....it helps cornering and helps to keep from spinning out as much. Tone it down then run it. Then turn it up and run it. You'll feel the diff. Im taking my rig that I just put same RX in out today to check it out myself

Thanks everyone.

ok that's what it's doing. Thanks for the video. I will turn it off, I cant handle it or make it work correctly, its turns when I'm going straight, maybe I made it do it? I don't know. Its confusing me.

ok that's what it's doing. Thanks for the video. I will turn it off, I cant handle it or make it work correctly, its turns when I'm going straight, maybe I made it do it? I don't know. Its confusing me.
In essence, driving in a straight line it should not turn ..... go ahead and do as you said, turn the AVC off. Enjoy your rig in that mode. If you desire, in the future, turn up the AVC to 50% or so, and see if there is any benefit. (Video shows how to do such). If it returns to being confusing and being a pain in the hinder, turn it back to zero and go back to having fun!

Sometimes tech gets wonky, and, in a perfect world, AVC can 'help' when it works as it should. Otherwise......
It’s like cheat mode.. to keep you going in a straight line when things get wonky..
I personally don’t like it. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I have a gyro in my DumboRC setup.....will be on the lookout for any problems such as what this poster is experiencing when I finish the build and send it on her maiden voyage. I don't have it on any other rig....I can live without it.... will use if it helps, will turn it off if its a nuisance

Yeah, I have a gyro in my DumboRC setup.....will be on the lookout for any problems such as what this poster is experiencing when I finish the build and send it on her maiden voyage. I don't have it on any other rig....I can live without it.... will use if it helps, will turn it off if its a nuisance
Some people really like it, I probably just didn’t give it enough of a chance before saying F it! 🤣

AVC...can be fun to watch it do its thing especially going full hammer on loose/rough surfaces and it doesn't go spinning out or shooting in one direction but I usually have mine with the settings turned down to 0% but still activated so I can easily use it when I want. Some trials to get it set right though. imo.
Hello, I'm having some issues with my new servo, its steering on it's own! If I pick up the truck and lean it forward or backwards the servo starts to move. I have centred it and works fine when it's at rest, but after a short burst going forward on the ground it will steer? I did the control set up! Have i missed something when you replace a servo?
Thanks,
Will
AVC at it's finest!
Ice Slipping GIF

Some people really like it, I probably just didn’t give it enough of a chance before saying F it! 🤣
Remember, it won't when you jump into wood fences.....

Sabrina The Teenage Witch Laughing GIF

I think it was one of your videos.....pretty sure it was you who ramped into a wood fence....AVC will not help with that....

yes.....feeble attempt at humor

Have u recalibrated everything.. Dial it in!! I love it!! 🤙
I do have to admit, when working as it should, looks like it could be a nice modification.

I know the heavy duty racers using drift cars go all out on gyros and such....what they can do is pretty amazing

For my stable of bashers, not as vital, but it will be interesting if it helps or hinders in my case

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back