New Servo - Steering Revolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
I thought the original servo was ok, but now I picked up the Savöx SB-2292 SG. I wanted to improve torque and speed. This servo has both (see below). But effect on the drivability is extreme. It turns like it has a connection to the brain ;) Nice drifts at full speed without loosing control.

This change transforms the Nero into a cornering monster. It a lot of fun!

It is still connected to the ESC with 6V. Maybe I will add an external BEC later, but there is little need.

• Torque:
    • @6V: 305 oz-in (22 kg-cm)
    • @7.4V: 430 oz-in (31 kg-cm)
  • Speed:
    • @6V: 0.085/60° sec
    • @7.4V: 0.07/60° sec

Nice servo! Is it tall like the other Savox servos, or is it standard size?

It is standard size. Plug and play installation. Only the rotation direction is reversed, so I flipped the switch on the remote.

nice choice. I use a savox 1231sg in my Fazon and it's way better then stock. I think once you go with a high torque high speed quality servo you won't use anything else.i have been using Savox servos for about 7 years and that's all I use.i don't bash much I race and a good fast servo is a must have.

I did not expect such a change in drivability behavior.

The Savox 1231 seems to be very nice and especially for the big rock more torque is more fun ;)

Good to hear that you are happy with savöx after 7 years!

Racing seems to be fun. I need to check it out sometime...

I have been racing on and off for 30 years and it's always fun.where I race we race on a big off road track outside and move to a small carpet track indoors when it gets cold. racing is not for everyone but I love it. you should give it a try.

If you want fast and strong there are few options. There are great strong but slow Savöx servos for much less, but the goal was to get an improvement in all aspects. It is not easy to find a servo that matches the 2292.

Savöx has a good value compared to Futaba.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back