New servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Found myself at the hobby store on payday....

And left with a new Hitec D954SW

I haven't seen any reviews online for this particular servo as it's new for 2017 so I decided to give the forum my first thoughts so if anyone else's brass slop box (stock servo) has been annoying enough to replace like mine was, they won't have to guess and test with their wallets.

Got mine for 74 bucks +tax which is a hellacious deal considering I just saw it on Amazon for 109.99 while looking for reviews.
  • 405 oz-in
  • .12 sec. per 60 deg.
  • Stainless gears, aluminium heat sink body
Man what a difference!
Very fast and EXTREMELY powerful servo.

I think I will need to get a new servo mount, the stock one will hate it's life on this powerhouse.

Definitely have to set my steering stop points because this thing has enough torque to break poop.

Can't wait to run it though, waiting on some other parts to arrive but after that....its on like donkey kong.

151457763815669218502.jpg

Great choice! I just got the 9380 and love it. Best thing about the newer hitec servos is you don't get that buzzing noise. They also don't use very many volts so you don't need to use a bec.

I was just going to ask if you were using a bec or not. I'm guessing neither of you do? I have upgraded almost everything on my outcast but the servo as I spend all my servo money on my touring cars and find it hard to spend money on a basher truck servo. But is it really worth it? I might need to pick one up.

I was just going to ask if you were using a bec or not. I'm guessing neither of you do? I have upgraded almost everything on my outcast but the servo as I spend all my servo money on my touring cars and find it hard to spend money on a basher truck servo. But is it really worth it? I might need to pick one up.

I'm not running a BEC, literally just swapped the stock one for the hitec.

What a difference! will actually steer lock to lock quickly under full throttle...thats something the stock servo did not do well.

Plus my dead center was stripped so the truck would wander a little when going straight.....very bad when running 70mph lol

You don't need to tell me about wandering at 70+ check out what happened when a curb snuck up on me.

Holy crap!
Amazing the control arms stayed on

Luckily I haven't rammathorned any curbs.

I did nosedive it into hard ground after a full throttle vert ramp 30 foot freefall...ripped the front tower out of the diff and broke a upper shock bolt.

I just got back from a run a few minutes ago and nothing broke! Feeling special lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back