New setup, big results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I kept the 3 diffs from my Mojave EXB to install in my Kraton, and wanted to get it right the first time. So after spending some Considerable time on this forum, trying to decide how to setup my diffs, I settled on 60k/500k/30k. All 3 of those diffs are limited slip (I thought the rear one was supposed to be open?) I rebuilt them with the new fluids, and WOW!! What a difference!! This thing handles like it’s on rails now. It turns tight and is super stable, but can flick into a power slide effortlessly. This is the setup that should be factory installed. Man I love this truck. Still my favorite.

I kept the 3 diffs from my Mojave EXB to install in my Kraton, and wanted to get it right the first time. So after spending some Considerable time on this forum, trying to decide how to setup my diffs, I settled on 60k/500k/30k. All 3 of those diffs are limited slip (I thought the rear one was supposed to be open?) I rebuilt them with the new fluids, and WOW!! What a difference!! This thing handles like it’s on rails now. It turns tight and is super stable, but can flick into a power slide effortlessly. This is the setup that should be factory installed. Man I love this truck. Still my favorite.
Nice...

Enjoy it...

Yes, that is like the gold setup number you see a lot here. I have the same numbers but my rear is open and others as LSD. The point is you like how it runs....all good (y)

I know stock the LSD in the rear has a minimal effect vs the maximum effect like the center and front.

Thanks for posting this I think I will do the same thing to my Talion. Also thinking about throwing in some 20m or silicone in the center diff.

I know stock the LSD in the rear has a minimal effect vs the maximum effect like the center and front.

Thanks for posting this I think I will do the same thing to my Talion. Also thinking about throwing in some 20m or silicone in the center diff.
That’s why I posted it, just to let peeps know how good this setup is.
That’s why I love this forum. I didn’t have to try 10 different oils in each diff to get the perfect setup. I just hit the ol’ search button and utilized the wealth of knowledge on here.

The diffs on my Mojo EXB are probably ready for servicing as they’re about a dozen or more packs in. I’ll try this setup. It initially seemed to me like the weights were a bit high for the LSD’s, but I might give it a try! The diff action in my setup is set to max/max/min (f/c/r) with factory weights. I’ll be interested to see the difference.

The diffs on my Mojo EXB are probably ready for servicing as they’re about a dozen or more packs in. I’ll try this setup. It initially seemed to me like the weights were a bit high for the LSD’s, but I might give it a try! The diff action in my setup is set to max/max/min (f/c/r) with factory weights. I’ll be interested to see the difference.
I’m really happy with it. It really woke my Kraton up.

I’m really happy with it. It really woke my Kraton up.
For the rear did you leave it as minimum effect LSD or maximum effect like the center and front

Arrma LSD Diff Diagram.PNG

For the rear did you leave it as minimum effect LSD or maximum effect like the center and front

View attachment 233962
Maximum. I didn’t know any better when I assembled it. I’ll likely switch it on the next service.
Again.... Videos!
As soon as I get my camerawoman out there I’ll post them lol. I had a nice phone mount on my last radio, but having a bit of trouble designing one for the new one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back