Typhon New shocks installed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
6s shocks installed. Had to use 3 washers on the front and one on the rear. When I bought them then the robot at ace hardware didn’t know the thickness so I’m guessing they are less than a mm. I don’t have anycalipers here to measure them. The stock 3s screws threaded perfectly and a long way into the a-arm so no need for longer screws.I didn’t have time to wire up my new fan directly to th receiver box but I see the two screws I need to remove to do it. It looks super easy. Thanks here’s a few pics of the finished results from today. I didn’t get to run it today but I think I’ll add some preload front and rear and go from there with shock oils to get them dialed. Thanks

5C51A752-06AD-485A-84C3-1A28EE47C048.jpeg

5C002D81-46F6-4B5A-804B-D69C58C9BCBE.jpeg

82ED6511-BDB4-4C1F-BC78-A09E88DC99FE.jpeg

0AEBB403-ECA9-43C9-AA35-37D7E85193A6.jpeg

41E54241-F2D8-4435-8CE1-AE43E2D183D3.jpeg

6B04696B-1C28-4072-B728-F350B332D448.jpeg

I’m using silicone axial bushings in the top mounts. Work perfectly and absolutely no Play whatsoever. I just looked it up. standard M3 washers are only .5mm thick. Hence me using 3 on the front. I might add another one to the rear if I see any signs of rubbing. They clear and look good on the table but just barely🤔

Last edited:
You guys think I should shim the shock bottoms out further or not. The fronts are only spaced out 1.5mm at the bottom and the rear are only .5mm spaced out at the bottom. Don’t really want to keep loosening and tightening screws that go into plastic if there is No need to do so for any reason? I appreciate you guys sharing your expertise with me ok

Last edited:
You guys think I should shim the shock bottoms out further or not. The fronts are only spaced out 1.5mm at the bottom and the rear are only .5mm spaced out at the bottom. Don’t really want to keep loosening and tightening screws that go into plastic if there is No need to do so for any reason? I appreciate you guys sharing your expertise with me ok
Are you talking about shimming at the bottom of the shocks so they won't rub the a arm?

I just put new shocks on a Granite, and I can't figure out how to make them operate smoothly. They don't seem to fit smoothly onto the a arm, so it's almost like I'm bending the shocks when I screw them in at the bottom. Curious if you found an answer?

You guys think I should shim the shock bottoms out further or not.
Shim enough to clear the driveshafts. If you're not rubbing, you're fine.

Are you talking about shimming at the bottom of the shocks so they won't rub the a arm?

I just put new shocks on a Granite, and I can't figure out how to make them operate smoothly. They don't seem to fit smoothly onto the a arm, so it's almost like I'm bending the shocks when I screw them in at the bottom.

Shimming does put the shocks at a slight angle. What are you using at the top of the shock? With the Axial bushings there's enough give that the change in angle is OK. I could see if you used a stiffer method, changing the angle could be problematic.

If you are using Axial bushings, you can actually fit a single shim behind them to slightly reduce the angle with the bottom.

If you are using Axial bushings, you can actually fit a single shim behind them to slightly reduce the angle with the bottom.
[/QUOTE]
Great idea! Thanks bud!

No problem with any angle. it’s fine and perfect like it is. I’m super happy how it turned out. Thanks for the information though brother

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back