Kraton New shoes … help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kernyboy

Reaction score
My copperhead 2 are shot to bits …… need to get some new shoes …. What do you guys recommend me getting , staying stock or getting some after market ones …… any ideas will be great … thanks in advance

I always felt the CH 2's sucked out the box. Just me. Tear apart easily, etc. Poor traction overall. Makes the rig feel clumsey Steering wise.
There are many tires out there.
I will say that many here, including myself, like the 4x4 BackFlip LP's best. ( Not the 6s Backflips)

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR550050

I also run standard 6s BF's. Just taller. Balloon more. Not as durable as the LP's.
Also have Duratrax 1/8 X-Cons. Zero offset Truggy pin tires. Nice tires also for dirt and grass. Low profile with Little ballooning. ( Just not for any pavement/wear out fast)

Last edited:
backflip 6s loads of air control and great traction only downside is there a bit expensive. in uk anyway

My copperhead 2 are shot to bits …… need to get some new shoes …. What do you guys recommend me getting , staying stock or getting some after market ones …… any ideas will be great … thanks in advance
I’ve tried all kinds proline ( belted and unbelted) sweeps, duratrax and many others but always have found the back flip LP AND MT to be the best suited. Vented ,with duck tape over the holes inside the rim. I’d really like to see a belted back flip MT or a proline belted of the same size. The proline are either to small or too big. At least that is what I have found and my opinion only. I do have 5 Kratons
V2,V3,EXB, XLw/20mm extended hubs and a 4s all running Back Flips. I’m always looking for better tires though. I’m interested to hear other guys experiences. This thread is a good one to get more options from other people and places.

The first question anyone should ask is what kind of driving are you doing? Insane ramp jumps, ripping up and down the parking lot, back yard race track?

I’ve tried all kinds proline ( belted and unbelted) sweeps, duratrax and many others but always have found the back flip LP AND MT to be the best suited. Vented ,with duck tape over the holes inside the rim. I’d really like to see a belted back flip MT or a proline belted of the same size. The proline are either to small or too big. At least that is what I have found and my opinion only. I do have 5 Kratons
V2,V3,EXB, XLw/20mm extended hubs and a 4s all running Back Flips. I’m always looking for better tires though. I’m interested to hear other guys experiences. This thread is a good one to get more options from other people and places.
don't hardly get any ballooning with the backflip 6s tyres

@kernyboy PowerHobby Scorpions and the Backflip LP (4S) are in my usage. I am a bigger fan of the PowerHobby bashed on my style of bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back