Kraton New shoes on The Kraton Proline Badlands MX38

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcnerd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
20171209_164905.jpg

Hi all- Just threw some Proline Badlands MX38's on the Kraton. I love how they look, but after ripping them outside in the snow tonight, I am worried they are too big for what I do. Bashing, Dirt/Grass racing, etc. They have a ton of surface area so it feels too sticky and more clumsy than before. Thinking I should have gone with the original badlands, but thought they would be too small.
Thoughts from others out there with MX38's or original badlands?

Attachments

• 20171209_164938.jpg
    20171209_164938.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 20171209_164944.jpg
    20171209_164944.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 147
I bought some, ran them once then took em off. They grip like crazy but are too big and balloon alot, turning radius sucks also. I need to sell mine as they're just collecting dust.
For me the stock tires are the best all around compromise I've found.

I bought some, ran them once then took em off. They grip like crazy but are too big and balloon alot, turning radius sucks also. I need to sell mine as they're just collecting dust.
For me the stock tires are the best all around compromise I've found.

Exactly. Def don't recommend them. Feel like I wasted $80. I am thinking about the original badlands, but am worried they will be too small haha

I liked the compromise in size with the Outcast Backflip tires. They are a little bigger than the Badlands, a little cheaper and a lot smaller than the MX38's.

I have a set of the old Trenchers, I wrapped them with fishing line to stop the ballooning and they are a much better tire now. It couldn't be easier, I just tied the fishing line on mine with a square knot, put a little CA tire glue on the knot only and they have been holding for months. I figured I would lose the fishing line every once in a while, but they have been holding great. I see a lot of people gluing them to the inside/outside of the tire, but I just tied them on and it has been great. I have my MX28's wrapped with fishing line too.

If I wasn't planning on buying some paddle tires I would offer to take a set of these off one of you fellas here.

I liked the compromise in size with the Outcast Backflip tires. They are a little bigger than the Badlands, a little cheaper and a lot smaller than the MX38's.

I have a set of the old Trenchers, I wrapped them with fishing line to stop the ballooning and they are a much better tire now. It couldn't be easier, I just tied the fishing line on mine with a square knot, put a little CA tire glue on the knot only and they have been holding for months. I figured I would lose the fishing line every once in a while, but they have been holding great. I see a lot of people gluing them to the inside/outside of the tire, but I just tied them on and it has been great. I have my MX28's wrapped with fishing line too.

If I wasn't planning on buying some paddle tires I would offer to take a set of these off one of you fellas here.[/QUOTE

Yep wish I realized the backflips are the perfect compromise BEFORE I bought these. May order them up today and hang onto these for the snow.

Just did an even trade off an Outcast at my local hobby shop. Now have the backflips on there lol

Attachments

• 20171210_123849.jpg
    20171210_123849.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 253
That's awesome! You have a nice hobby shop it seems!
Have you gotten to run them yet? What do you think?
My local shop is amazing and unfortunately I haven't had a chance to run them, but will report back this weekend. Thanks for the comment!

Man I would totally make that trade, nice job.

Thanks bud! He actually threw in a couple of other things to help with price difference which was an added bonus

Picked up a pair of badlands yesterday. Plan on installing and running today. They are a bit smaller and will change the look of the vehicle. I’ll post up a picture and thoughts after the run

707AA891-67E7-4D40-8F65-5DC54BBD778A.jpeg

Looks good and better handling on the snow and ice.

I spray and wipe down with silicone so clean up is a breeze. That and I just bought in Jan and I live in AK = no dirt/mud this time of year.

has anyone tried to use the arrma typhon tires on the ktaton they are a 17mm hex same as kraton
TYPHON tires
Wheel bead diameter: 3.3" (84mm)
Width: 1.7" (43mm)
Wheel hex size: 17mm
Overall diameter: 4.5" (115mm)
KRATON tires
Wheel bead diameter: 3.8" (97mm)
Width: 3.3" (83mm)
Overall diameter: 6.5" (165mm)
let me know if they will work or wont work thank you
also im looking at these ties aswell

Fit 1:8 Bigfoot
Diameter
160/100mm (With/Without Tires)
Width 80mm
Drive Hex 17mm

sorry for the long post just need some tires im new to the rc world

has anyone tried to use the arrma typhon tires on the kraton they are a 17mm hex same as kraton
TYPHON tires
Wheel bead diameter: 3.3" (84mm)
Width: 1.7" (43mm)
Overall diameter: 4.5" (115mm)

KRATON tires
Wheel bead diameter: 3.8" (97mm)
Width: 3.3" (83mm)
Overall diameter: 6.5" (165mm)

let me know if they will work or wont work thank you
also im looking at these ties as well
Fit 1:8 Bigfoot
Diameter 160/100mm (With/Without Tires)
Width 80mm
Drive Hex 17mm

sorry for the long post just need some tires im new to the rc world

I have a Typhon and the 1/8 buggy tires seem puny compared to 1/8 MT (I also have a Nero). 1/8 truggy tires may be a compromise, diameter more comparable to stock Kraton but narrower. The Bigfoot tires you mention look really close in dimension to the Kraton tires.

View attachment 14009

Hi all- Just threw some Proline Badlands MX38's on the Kraton. I love how they look, but after ripping them outside in the snow tonight, I am worried they are too big for what I do. Bashing, Dirt/Grass racing, etc. They have a ton of surface area so it feels too sticky and more clumsy than before. Thinking I should have gone with the original badlands, but thought they would be too small.

Attachments

• IMG_20180423_195928972.jpg
    IMG_20180423_195928972.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 100
Had the mx38s to much ballooning on 6s I learned from it tho after the blow out lol. Then got the trencher 3.8s for the outcast wrapped them to stop ballooning. Then got the masher 3.8s for the kraton and vented them to help.
20180312_152229.jpg
20180321_193521.jpg
20180327_051657.jpg

View attachment 14009

Just fitted a set on my talion, feel they are a little large but what the hell. Your rig looks nice

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 80
I have the regular Badlands on my senton 6s, tried them on my kraton but went with backflips on it for durability reasons. I bash the hell out of my kraton and the backflips just keep going, they don't balloon as much as the Badlands do. I don't send the senton like I do the kraton so the Badlands are at home there. Pictures of my senton (vw bug) with the Badlands and kraton with the backflips.

Attachments

• 20170428_192903.jpg
    20170428_192903.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 71
  • 20171208_164746.jpg
    20171208_164746.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 67
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back