Typhon New shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David941

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I'm pretty stoked. I put on Team Redcat splined aluminum hubs that extend the axles a half inch each. Then was able to fit Gorilla taped 2.8 trenchers on 17mm F-11 wheels. Instant basher.

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 94
I'm pretty stoked. I put on Team Redcat splined aluminum hubs that extend the axles a half inch each. Then was able to fit Gorilla taped 2.8 trenchers on 17mm F-11 wheels. Instant basher.

View attachment 9210
View attachment 9211
Ditto, have done the same to mine using the team associated hex adapters but the crap UK weather recently means I haven't used them in anger yet apart from tearing it across my lounge lol (I was that bored and the Mrs was out! ;)) What I did notice instantly was how the Typhon wants to wheelie everywhere now with all that new traction?? May need a bloody wheelie bar now :confused:

Ditto, have done the same to mine using the team associated hex adapters but the crap UK weather recently means I haven't used them in anger yet apart from tearing it across my lounge lol (I was that bored and the Mrs was out! ;)) What I did notice instantly was how the Typhon wants to wheelie everywhere now with all that new traction?? May need a bloody wheelie bar now :confused:
I'm in the UK also can you send me a link to where you got your hex adapters pls

View attachment 9210
View attachment 9211
Can you send me the link to where you gt your hex adaptors pls

C

Cool :)
A photo came up in the random media pics on here with a set on a typhon. Said they fit straight on... Hopefully they do the job !
Now to find some f11 rims with 17mm hex in Aus :-S
I had a pain getting all the parts for this upgrade in the UK, hex adapters, wheels and tyres! The team associated adapters I got from the US and got stung for import duties, the wheels cam from china and took forever, and the tyres where out of stock at modelsport an wheelspin so had to wait for those too. I have it all fitted now though and it looks way better than stock, i'll have to check handling as soon as I get it out.

I had a pain getting all the parts for this upgrade in the UK, hex adapters, wheels and tyres! The team associated adapters I got from the US and got stung for import duties, the wheels cam from china and took forever, and the tyres where out of stock at modelsport an wheelspin so had to wait for those too. I have it all fitted now though and it looks way better than stock, i'll have to check handling as soon as I get it out.
Import tax on something that cheap ? Whoa... We don't get stung until its over 1000 dollars here in aus....
2.8 trenchers can be picked up at most hobby shops around here... But getting that size rim with 17 mm hex seems to be a long shot and will end up being an ebay job i think.
I gather it will lose some steering but should be a better basher with the wider tyres :)

Will have to have a look when i get home... The site isnt working too well on my phone.
Are they alowed to post proline to aus ?
Some places wont do it...

I use a trackstar balancer mounted sideways on my charging box. I've balanced 7.1" tires on this as well as the stock typhons.
Simple to do and makes a drastic change to the vibration and stability of the car.

Attachments

• IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 47
Nice ! :-D
Im still waiting on my hexes....
Do the 2.8 rims fit on without extending the hexes ? Or do they hit the steering blocks/hubs ?

Mine rubbed the hubs and blocks just barely. But enough that it would probably burn the motor up.

I thought they might... Considering how much my stock rims already do just that !
Its wearing against the bearing bit hehind the hex and theres worn out grooves on the inside of all my rims :-/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back