Typhon New shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a shake down run a week or so ago i took the typhon out to a new place yesterday for a good run with the 2.8's trenchers on.
Still couldve used a bit more clearance for a few of the jumps but soooo much better than the buggy wheels for bashing !
20ft high double backflips off the jumps and she just kept going ! Until i cracked one of the centre diff gears in half anyway... But thats a small price to pay for 2 hours of fun :-D
I like the look of those mx28's tho... Hows the ballooning on them ?

Nice ! :-D
Im still waiting on my hexes....
Do the 2.8 rims fit on without extending the hexes ? Or do they hit the steering blocks/hubs ?
Honestly, I didn't notice any rubbing (amazing, but seemed to literally just clear everything)

Well after a shake down run a week or so ago i took the typhon out to a new place yesterday for a good run with the 2.8's trenchers on.
Still couldve used a bit more clearance for a few of the jumps but soooo much better than the buggy wheels for bashing !
20ft high double backflips off the jumps and she just kept going ! Until i cracked one of the centre diff gears in half anyway... But thats a small price to pay for 2 hours of fun :-D
i have another set of F11 wheels (2.8) and was thinking of getting trencher for them... Or baking the trenchers i had on my old Stampede to swap over to the 17mm wheel...

Either way - ballooning isn't ideal, but not bad at all. I was only running 4s though. Pretty ideal though to actually allow a typhon to wheelie! Could not agree more that the change makes it a great basher.

Even my wife said "Oh that one looks nice" when i first drove it with the MX28's.. (And she does NOT care about my RC car addiction in the least... lol)

My Senton hasn't been touched in weeks... haha

Now you're talking my language bro!!!

Honestly, I didn't notice any rubbing (amazing, but seemed to literally just clear everything)

i have another set of F11 wheels (2.8) and was thinking of getting trencher for them... Or baking the trenchers i had on my old Stampede to swap over to the 17mm wheel...

Either way - ballooning isn't ideal, but not bad at all. I was only running 4s though. Pretty ideal though to actually allow a typhon to wheelie! Could not agree more that the change makes it a great basher.

Even my wife said "Oh that one looks nice" when i first drove it with the MX28's.. (And she does NOT care about my RC car addiction in the least... lol)

My Senton hasn't been touched in weeks... haha
That's awesome!!! My wife cares about RC like I care about her Days of Our Lives...Lol. Must say the MX28'S have won my preference over the Trenchers, however, the old Trenchers are better suited for mixed terrain involving pavement for longevity and less traction roll. Definitely need tape job if running on 6s or tires balloon and catch the front body violently. Think the Truggified Typhon is my favorite basher!!!

Had my fronts rub the body a little bit at full turn in the air on 4s... Coz ya know... It turns in the air ! And i did it a few times too ! Haha.. :p
They went huge on 6s when i gave it a quick run this morning to test the fixed diff and new centre oil. Put some 50 k in the centre... It did backflips in full throttle !!
Gonna have to get some of the mx28s to try... They look good....
Really just need arrma to make 2.8 backflips ! :)

Had my fronts rub the body a little bit at full turn in the air on 4s... Coz ya know... It turns in the air ! And i did it a few times too ! Haha.. :p
They went huge on 6s when i gave it a quick run this morning to test the fixed diff and new centre oil. Put some 50 k in the centre... It did backflips in full throttle !!
Gonna have to get some of the mx28s to try... They look good....
Really just need arrma to make 2.8 backflips ! :)
That's funny man. Love the Backflips idea, I'd buy them no doubt. Yeah I turn off jump faces and before some landings. The rotational mass does seem to "turn" the rig somewhat. The MX28's are AWESOME!!! Just broke my Gorilla tape off up front after throttling really hard during a quick street test on 6s... Errrrrhhh. 20 tooth pinion probably didn't help either. Going to try acetone in a sealed bucket for 2 days, giving fumes only, non-touch method a shot. Acetone poured into a small steel paint can with tires around it.

That's funny man. Love the Backflips idea, I'd buy them no doubt. Yeah I turn off jump faces and before some landings. The rotational mass does seem to "turn" the rig somewhat. The MX28's are AWESOME!!! Just broke my Gorilla tape off up front after throttling really hard during a quick street test on 6s... Errrrrhhh. 20 tooth pinion probably didn't help either. Going to try acetone in a sealed bucket for 2 days, giving fumes only, non-touch method a shot. Acetone poured into a small steel paint can with tires around it.

Bugga ! One front or both ? Hopefully they come off easy enough.....
And yep...i reckon 2.8 backflips would be mint ! :-D
Quick question for ya. Since youve got them all.... Do the outcast side rails fit the kraton ? And fit under a typhon body ?
I like the idea that they cover the end of the battery tray and motor wires. Just not sure if theyre too short for the kraton... Or to tall for the typhon ?

Bugga ! One front or both ? Hopefully they come off easy enough.....
And yep...i reckon 2.8 backflips would be mint ! :-D
Quick question for ya. Since youve got them all.... Do the outcast side rails fit the kraton ? And fit under a typhon body ?
I like the idea that they cover the end of the battery tray and motor wires. Just not sure if theyre too short for the kraton... Or to tall for the typhon ?
It looks like one front came totally loose, the other partial I think, both ballooning enough to fix. Don't think the side guards would fit the Kraton with longer chassis, unsure about the Typhon, but probably too tall for body to fit right. I'd check for you but I'm at work. You could fab something (plastic or lexan) to extend past motor wires and tray. I'm big on good airflow through and around the chassis bay, too much skirt action might impede airflow some. I removed my Outcast front mud guards a while back to help keep things cooler. Definitely has helped thus far.

It looks like one front came totally loose, the other partial I think, both ballooning enough to fix. Don't think the side guards would fit the Kraton with longer chassis, unsure about the Typhon, but probably too tall for body to fit right. I'd check for you but I'm at work. You could fab something (plastic or lexan) to extend past motor wires and tray. I'm big on good airflow through and around the chassis bay, too much skirt action might impede airflow some. I removed my Outcast front mud guards a while back to help keep things cooler. Definitely has helped thus far.
No worries... Just thought you might know off hand. The kraton and typhon use the same side guards and so i gather the outcasts should be ok length wise ?
I think i'll just order a set and see.... And if i need to i'll just cut down the hight to fit and keep the air going through :)

No worries... Just thought you might know off hand. The kraton and typhon use the same side guards and so i gather the outcasts should be ok length wise ?
I think i'll just order a set and see.... And if i need to i'll just cut down the hight to fit and keep the air going through :)
In garage looking. I think it will work just fine actually after taking a closer look.

There is a slight difference in the front angle between the Typhon and Outcast shroud, but think Typhon body would still fit if you wanted to do it.
IMG_20170603_201012443.jpg

Cool... Thanks for that :)
I'll get a set in for my kraton... And if the typhon fits over i'll get another set for that...
Like i said i'll probably trim the hight down anywa just for air flow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back