Outcast New shoes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Picked these Lockups up to try out. They're pretty soft, will only use on 4s as they're going to balloon quite a bit. Quite a bit bigger than the backflips. Heavier too!
Just threw two on the rear for comparison.

P1020591.JPG P1020592.JPG P1020593.JPG P1020594.JPG P1020595.JPG P1020596.JPG P1020597.JPG P1020599.JPG

Awesome looking shoes!
These are the ones I was thinking about getting (as you may recall from our convo a while back).
Please let me know how they perform...as I will be in the market for new rubber soon as all the Tarmac running on the Backflips has lead to some serious wear.
Rotated the tires so the backs are not too bad, but the old backs (now on the front end), are getting very 'light' on grip.
How is the compound of the Lock Up's...soft or medium? A fair amount of my driving is on pavement, so I need something with a little durability...

Yeah, they look great on the truck! Was an impulse buy at the hobby shop, was in for something else and saw these so grabbed them. And yes, I remember you mentioning the six pack's, essentially the same thing, different tread pattern is all.
Definitely a soft compound, although Duratrax lists them as their sport compound. Softer than the backflips and trenchers.
I wouldn't run these on the tarmac, they'd get chewed up pretty quick in my opinion.
Trenchers or Trencher X would be a good option for multi surface. I have them on most of my RC's. They work well on the road, grass & dirt as well as jumping, for the way that I run my rigs anyways.
I do really like the Backflips on the Outcast though.

Too bad, cause I really like the look of the Duratrax tires and rims.
I will most likely go with the Trenchers - I think the X's might be a little overkill in terms of width.
That said, I wouldn't mind something a little wider...are the standard Trencher 3.8's wider, or the same size as the Backflips?

Too bad, cause I really like the look of the Duratrax tires and rims.
I will most likely go with the Trenchers - I think the X's might be a little overkill in terms of width.
That said, I wouldn't mind something a little wider...are the standard Trencher 3.8's wider, or the same size as the Backflips?
Trenchers 40series. They ballon a little over 3/4 throttle on my outcast. Got 300k in the centre mite go 500k. They'd great wheels I love em. Good grip all surfaces

Attachments

• IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 56
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back