Kraton New SMC graphemes extreme burst into flames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Anyone know what could cause a brand new pack to catch fire ? I turned it on ran it about 10 seconds and started seeing smoke pouring out of my exb. The battery box is melted and I’m glad because the straps burned and let it fall out. There was so much smoke all I could do was rip the top off and shake it. The battery fell on the ground glowing bright orange. Hell Im scared to put another battery in to check things out. What would y’all do??HELP PLEASE!!!!

image.jpg

Anyone know what could cause a brand new pack to catch fire ? I turned it on ran it about 10 seconds and started seeing smoke pouring out of my exb. The battery box is melted and I’m glad because the straps burned and let it fall out. There was so much smoke all I could do was rip the top off and shake it. The battery fell on the ground glowing bright orange. Hell Im scared to put another battery in to check things out. What would y’all do??HELP PLEASE!!!!

View attachment 101877
Holy cow!! That's a defective lipo prob. What brand battery?

Wouldn’t a problem arise if it was wired wrong during charging ?
It is completely disintegrated. I got the receipt but the lipo is a black spot in my yard. I bet I’m ?out of luck on the warranty.
I bought another battery just like it earlier today because I liked the first one so much.
The one I bought Thursday exploded while I had the new one from today charging!! Sucks bad $140 gone after maybe 5 runs

It is completely disintegrated. I got the receipt but the lipo is a black spot in my yard. I bet I’m ?out of luck on the warranty.
I bought another battery just like it earlier today because I liked the first one so much.
The one I bought Thursday exploded while I had the new one from today charging!! Sucks bad $140 gone after maybe 5 runs
Does your esc run fine with other batteries? If your ESC is shorted it’ll smoke a battery.

Does your esc run fine with other batteries? If your ESC is shorted it’ll smoke a battery.
I got the truck cleaned up and plugged in a different battery and it appears to be fine. Hell it run great right before the thing caught on fire. Wired the truck didn’t have time to even warm up let alone explode

Maybe a puncture?? or a design flaw of that specific model. If amazon lipos even zop power cheap af don't explode and a 140$ brand lipo exploded like yours did i would be done with that piece of poop brand. Amazon has a lot better custumer service i got send 3 lipos under warranty one lipo just got ripped internally and the otehr two were awanfi because i was exteemly disapointed and i wanted a refund or something they decided to send me a new pair and it last a bit longer than the first pair?.

I do honestly feel like trash receiving free parts from horizon for the exb 3 lipos now a freaking defective esc out of the box and jenny is sending me a new one new blx 120 because my second blx 120 failed but i fixed it. They are all justified but oh man i feel terrible when i think about them.

Yeah I’m done with SMC ! The guys at my LHS swear they are great batteries but I have had a lot of problems. These two batteries were practically brand new when either one or two cells crapped out

image.jpg

Yeah I’m done with SMC ! The guys at my LHS swear they are great batteries but I have had a lot of problems. These two batteries were practically brand new when either one or two cells crapped out

View attachment 101941
I have 6 of those batteries. I run them in my outcast 8s, xmaxx’s and dbxle. Rough guess. 30-50 charges each. No issues. Guess I’m lucky. They come out of my xmaxx at 125 f every time too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back