Kraton New SMC graphemes extreme burst into flames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what could cause a brand new pack to catch fire ? I turned it on ran it about 10 seconds and started seeing smoke pouring out of my exb. The battery box is melted and I’m glad because the straps burned and let it fall out. There was so much smoke all I could do was rip the top off and shake it. The battery fell on the ground glowing bright orange. Hell Im scared to put another battery in to check things out. What would y’all do??HELP PLEASE!!!!

View attachment 101877
SAME THING happened to me 6 or 7 years ago i was new to lipos and my new body burned up and is now on my garage wall looks nasty, i don't know how to post pics.

I use Zeee Batts and they are great. SMC, and all these other overhyped batt brands are garbage.

Honestly, I have struggled with the 2 SMC packs I got. I picked up a couple of SMC 3S 5000 Mah 90C batteries to run in my Losi Tenacity db pro, and they are already puffing. Good power and they last a long time, but they are already puffing and warping the cases after maybe 10-15 cycles.

I probably won't buy SMC again. I picked up a couple of Yowoo graphene 3S batteries just to test with and holy poop graphene batteries are insane. They are really heavy, but have truckloads of power and barely even get warm when run really hard. Like seriously the sheer power those things can dump is kinda nutty. The turnigy panther black graphene are nuts as well. I know a lot of the speedrun guys run those because of how well they handle high amp draw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back