New Spektrum S1100 charger with Spektrum 5000mAh battery only indicates 3065mAh charged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

person

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
I just used my Spektrum S1100 charger combined with a Spektrum 5000mAh battery and the charger indicates only 3065mAh capacity charged. Shouldn't the charger get to 5000mAh? The charger is brand new. The battery has been used about six times.

It indicates that the battery is fully charged.

That's not what it charged to, that is what the charger added to capacity during charge cycle.

Imagine it is like your car's gas tank, if you have a 15 gallon tank but have 2.5 gallons left when you fill up your pump will read 12.5 gallons.

That's not what it charged to, that is what the charger added to capacity during charge cycle.

Imagine it is like your car's gas tank, if you have a 15 gallon tank but have 2.5 gallons left when you fill up your pump will read 12.5 gallons.

Thank you so much. That's a great explanation.

Do you have a voltage checker? One of those cheap things to plug into the pack? Or does the charger tell you the voltage of each cell when you plug it in?

I'm not 100% sure how they rate "capacity" for a pack. If it's from 3V or 3.4V or what, but if your cells are at 3.4-3.5V when you start charging, they aren't "empty", they are just at a safe place to stop using them. If the V is higher than that when you stopped using them, they aren't even to the "safe empty" spot yet. So they will only take whatever they take up to 4.2V per cell.

Do you have a voltage checker? One of those cheap things to plug into the pack? Or does the charger tell you the voltage of each cell when you plug it in?

I'm not 100% sure how they rate "capacity" for a pack. If it's from 3V or 3.4V or what, but if your cells are at 3.4-3.5V when you start charging, they aren't "empty", they are just at a safe place to stop using them. If the V is higher than that when you stopped using them, they aren't even to the "safe empty" spot yet. So they will only take whatever they take up to 4.2V per cell.

My charger has a voltage indicator. This is great info, thanks.

Back