New Spektrum SLT 3 Radio, Thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
Has anyone had experience with Arrma's new SLT3 radio?
I looked over the specs. And it appears to be a nice radio on paper.
Looks to be a re-packaged Tactic TTX 300. A TTX300 3 channel Rx/Tx in disguise.( Spektrum Label)
That's a huge plus. Arrma listened.
The SLT 3 is an SLT (Secure Link Tech.) Spread Spectrum based radio and is compatible with all SLT Tactic receivers. You can use a single SLT 3 radio to run multilple rigs binded to it. ( that's how the TTX300 worked at least) Has anyone done this with the new SLT3??
The Tactic TTX 300 radio was an awesome basic RTR radio that was replaced with the Spektrum STX radios ( a flop) when HH bought Arrma and Axial from Hobbico.
:cool:

Last edited:
I have pre-ordered a BRCC from my LHS, no idea when it's coming. Let's hope this is a huge improvement. ?

^^^ (y) (y) (y) Let us know your thoughts.
HH/Spektrum could have just changed the label of the TTX300 from Tactic to Spektrum. Would have cost less than repackaging. They already own the Tactic Branding. Nice to see a Foam grip wheel compared to that rather large plastic wheel of the STX2.(y) I noticed smaller wheels are preferred by most seasoned RC'ers, including myself.

I don't think this is even available yet. Might have to wait until the first wave of product hits.

I see this new radio retains the 50/75/100 TH limiter. Wonder if there will be brake issues like the STX.
Check CCRC's video out at 5min/30 sec.
Switch layout resembles the Tactic.

It's already available with the v3 version....only the radio was improved..car still has the cheap plastic parts...steering slop...nothing else

Anyone currently using the SLT3. Appears time has passed and this is showing up more and more now. Any takers??:cool:

Anyone currently using the SLT3. Appears time has passed and this is showing up more and more now. Any takers??:cool:

I have one on my BRCC V3 - it's OK for what it is and it works fine. It feels nice in my hands (YMMV) and the foam steering wheel is a nice touch. The power button is a little annoying but I guess you'll never accidentally bump it off. But after using a DX5, I'm spoiled with the ease of trim/sub trim, end point adjustments, expo, etc. and dealing with something as rudimentary as an SLT3 is something hard to adjust to.

I wish the 3S line came with the dual protocol SR315 receiver so I could just bind my DX5 to it. The SLR300 receiver is just another dead end to me.

Great info. I have a DX5C also and Noble NB4, and RC6GS. But my old school Tactic TTx300 is a nice radio too, to knock around with. I've ran my Crawler with it in snowstorms and rain. It got soaked and it still works. Full of mud etc. But it has great range and never any interference. Batteries last quite a while too in the old Tactic SLT. I imagine the SLT3 is similar.
But there is never a substitute for a real feature rich radio set. I agree. Bump yourself up to the SR315 DSMR Rx. I think its only like $44.00?? If you are so inclined. The DX5C is a real radio. Not the best range for Speed running. The cheaper RC6Gs has the best range for me. My most expensive Noble has the shortest range ironically. But the best Frame rates. Feels very connected of all 3 radios. A nice track radio. But I don't race anymore. I Spread out my rigs to radios based on my most used rigs and what they are. My Lim. belongs on my RC6GS for instance etc. Noble gets the Mojave and Kraton. My TeknoMT on my DX5C. (Using AVC Rx.).
Thanks for the reply. :cool:

Last edited:
Response and range on the BR v3 has been good for me with the SLT3

20201119_220652.jpg
I don't particularly like the SLT3, like the Tactic better. Only used it twice so far with the new BR, range seemed ok but didn't test max range like the tactic. Steering wheel and throttle trigger tension is weak compared to my Tactic, don't like the idea of my thumb riding on the third channel switch. Slt3 feels good in my hand but also does the Tactic, still have to make up my mind which feels better. And the tiny little power button sucks!

Last edited:
From what I have seen the SLT3 is heaps better than the STX2. Ever since the STX2 started coming with the Arrma 6s models there have been so many threads about radio problems, throttle lag, steering lag, signal drop outs and run a ways. I do not believe I have seen a single thread about the SLT3 having any problems yet.

I am in no way saying that it is better than the TTX300 as I have never used the SLT3 so I have nothing to compare it to. I have used the STX2 and I know for a fact that it is a big ol pos.

^^^ No joke.
Arrma UK was probably embarrased with that STX2. HH had to do something about that STX2 and deep six it right quick. I seen videos of 2 STX2 equipped Arrma rigs crashing from interference with each other. Like they were both on the same channel of 2 old school AM frequency RC radios from back in the day. One had to stop and shut off their STX2. It might have been Earl Moorehead and his daughter. Not sure. It was pathetic. Range is crap too. It belongs in a $10. Target RC toy car. JennysRC can't get rid of them for $12.:(

Last edited:
^^^ No joke.
Arrma UK was probably embarrased with that STX2. HH had to do something about that STX2 and deep six it right quick. I seen videos of 2 STX2 equipped Arrma rigs crashing from interference with each other. Like they were both on the same channel of 2 old school AM frequency RC radios from back in the day. One had to stop and shut off their STX2. It might have been Earl Moorehead and his daughter. Not sure. It was pathetic. Range is crap too. It belongs in a $10. Target RC toy car. JennysRC can't get rid of them for $12.:(
I had 4 of them, threw them in the trash, couldn't give them away. Swore I'd never buy another Arrma with that radio.

I had 4 of them, threw them in the trash, couldn't give them away. Swore I'd never buy another Arrma with that radio.

I have half a dozen of them sitting in a box ... not sure what I'm going to do with them. Maybe I can give them to my nephews for small robotics projects.

I have half a dozen of them sitting in a box ... not sure what I'm going to do with them. Maybe I can give them to my nephews for small robotics projects.

Do it.

nuclear explosion GIF

HH should warranty those , i emailed them. lets see what they say. I have 4 rigs purchased in the last 4 months. here's hoping they give me good news..

I said the same. Just good for Robotic projects. Bench work testing. Nothing mission critical though. Recycling them for benign projects is good. ?‍♂️
Or better yet when your frustrated and need to vent, run them over with your Car or Truck. That would be getting your money's worth out of them. Good therapy.:ROFLMAO:
HH should warranty those , i emailed them. lets see what they say. I have 4 rigs purchased in the last 4 months. here's hoping they give me good news..
Politely ask HH for the SLT3's as replacements. That you keep crashing you rigs because of them. That you may have to start buying Traxxasss rigs from now on.:ROFLMAO:
Call them. Screw the email. STX2 issues need to be addressed by phone. If its a go, you will get SLT3's in 3 days Fedex. One look at that email in regards , the email will go into the recycle bin. They have gotten numerous STX2 complaints. Probably deep six most of them because they cant keep up with them. Just my spin. :cool:

Probably any warranty Email they get Tagged with "STX2" in the body of text goes to The the SPAM box.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I said the same. Just good for Robotic projects. Bench work testing. Nothing mission critical though. Recycling them for benign projects is good. ?‍♂️
Or better yet when your frustrated and need to vent, run them over with your Car or Truck. That would be getting your money's worth out of them. Good therapy.:ROFLMAO:

Politely ask HH for the SLT3's as replacements. That you keep crashing you rigs because of them. That you may have to start buying Traxxasss rigs from now on.:ROFLMAO:
Call them. Screw the email. STX2 issues need to be addressed by phone. If its a go, you will get SLT3's in 3 days Fedex. One look at that email in regards , the email will go into the recycle bin. They have gotten numerous STX2 complaints. Probably deep six most of them because they cant keep up with them. Just my spin. :cool:

Probably any warranty Email they get Tagged with "STX2" in the body of text goes to The the SPAM box.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks... i'll try calling too. i'll pushback if they declined me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back