Kraton New spot, short bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Dirt

Need more RC
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Found a pretty cool little bmx track about 5 minutes from my house. Seems to be unkempt but in decent shape.

It's been raining for a couple weeks straight already, so the first day of sun I was out there with my Kraton. Some of those bigger jumps had puddles behind them so I left those alone.

I already ran for 15 minutes before shooting video. It was my first time at this place and I was just exploring, with a big grin on my face. ?

Next time those big jumps are mine and I'll have more video. And, probably more broken parts. :cool:

LOVE it...nice control on that first jump!!

Gotta find a place like that!
Thanks!
There's a couple other spots that I need to check out. Some co-workers told me about bmx tracks, skate parks and an outdoor rc track, all local. I'm stoked for this summer to check all of them out.

Pretty cool it's close to home. Google maps can find you a nice spot to bash too. Who knew there were sand traps and hills on the other side of 17 street lol.

Good find... its definately a bonus finding a spot close to home.. and it seems the ones that have been “abandoned” or “unkempt” so to speak also have their own blessing in disguise in that they wont have a heap of other people on bikes etc using them..

Also... take a rake and shovel with you... if there’s a jump that would be great but has some rutts and erosion in it that is in the wrong spot have a go at trying to smooth it out..

Most of these tracks you’ll find are constructed out of compacted road base and something called “crusher dust” or “cracker dust” as a surface finish (well thats what its called in australia anyhow, maybe called different names in other countries but essentially the same stuff).. you can often do some maintenance to them with a shovel and a little bit of elbow grease!.

The more you search for these old and new bmx tracks.. the more you will find.. try looking on local government websites that could list all the parks in that local government region... some may even show which parks have skate bowls and bmx tracks... then hit google, as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, and have a closer look on the satellite imagery..

Anyways.. keep posting up your footage!

I drove by it today while my Kraton is out of commission. Found a couple of those jumps were fixed up with probably a skid steer.
Either way, the spot looks empty, so win for me!(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back