Kraton New Steering Servo, and limited turning radius Advice please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driftergtr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon, everyone. So a very brief summary of my issue is that I have replaced the servo in my Kraton 8s to a proper 1:5 Savox servo; and now I can get to full lock on one side. I have adjusted the steering turn buckle and everything is centered. Do I need to adjust half the TB to increase throw on one side only to offset the limited travel ? so instead of this I------I------I, it's more like this I--------I----I while still having the steering centered?? Hopefully that makes sense.

Did you center the trim before installing the horn/saver?
Servo was powered on and I marked the RX box and steering horn before I removed the stock servo. Everything matched back up. I also centered the steering rack back to that little alignment mark as well as verified the wheels are straight.

You have to adjust your end points on the TX.
End points are set at 125. So, I get full range of motion if I lift the truck up. but not when it's actually making contact with anything. It's more like there isn't any torque to turn the wheels.
If this Savox is the issue, I guess I'll just have to get the Spektrum one, unless there some bigger better more torque servo that's pretty fast out there.

End points are set at 125. So, I get full range of motion if I lift the truck up. but not when it's actually making contact with anything. It's more like there isn't any torque to turn the wheels.
If this Savox is the issue, I guess I'll just have to get the Spektrum one, unless there some bigger better more torque servo that's pretty fast out there.

There were a couple guys that bought the Savox that didn't like it, I think @bicketybam can weigh in on that. Most went with the Primal servo. I have it in mine and don't have one bad thing to say about it other than I wish ALL 1/5th scale servos were faster.

https://www.primalrc.com/product-prpre005

Good Afternoon, everyone. So a very brief summary of my issue is that I have replaced the servo in my Kraton 8s to a proper 1:5 Savox servo; and now I can get to full lock on one side. I have adjusted the steering turn buckle and everything is centered. Do I need to adjust half the TB to increase throw on one side only to offset the limited travel ? so instead of this I------I------I, it's more like this I--------I----I while still having the steering centered?? Hopefully that makes sense.

This is what I had to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back