Big Rock New stuff on BRCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
New shocks, 18t pinion, HR motor mount, fan and playing with the dBoots Exabyte paws from my Typhon 6s. Pretty fun just for giggles.
You may notice I had to shave my body some in the back fender wells to fit the new shocks. Also trimmed the tabs from the stock chrome rear bumper.

I've been looking into putting a fan on my motor as well, I haven't been able to find a mount like the blue one you're using. How much was it?

Also, I'm not sure that one fan will do the trick during the heat of summer. I've upped the pinion on my brcc and it ran hot even stock. It may be worth considering running two fans where you can do so with a servo cable Y split. There's only one extra usable plug on the stock BLX receiver.....so I bought some splitters too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F742QDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If any of you guys need a servo cable, I have too many and will be happy to mail to anyone in the US that needs and doesn't have a local hobby shop. Not sure how much it will cost to send but I'll do it at cost. It may just take a stamp and envelope plus maybe $1 for the cable or whatever. What I mean is, please don't buy a bunch if you just need one or two. I have more than I can use atm.

Nice setup. What shocks are those and how do you like em? Were they a direct fit?
Pretty easy direct fit. Obviously had to fill with oil and I did Losi 50wt all around. Used some fuel line to tighten up at the top of the shock mount but easy to do with stuff laying around.
I do quite much like the shocks so far but haven't run yet on heavier 2.8 Proline Badlands that I usually run on this truck. I'm pleased with these cheaper aluminum shocks even with the springs they come with especially over stock. My stock ones leaked within a few months so why I tried these.
As mentioned, I used a dremel style tool to cut off the stock rear bumper tabs (the part that makes the 90 degree turn on either side.)
I also cut a little off the stock body around the wheel wells. Dremel work was maybe 6 minutes of modification and easy to do with a cutter / sanding disk. I broke two total but this is a cheapo, slow boat tool. Nothing has been compromised to fit the shocks.
I would certainly recommend for general to heavy bashing around.

I've been looking into putting a fan on my motor as well, I haven't been able to find a mount like the blue one you're using. How much was it?
May I suggest a wtf fan. The best fan on the market by far! It blows my hair but good! 15 bucks dual bearings and a variety of sizes.

Thanks for the info crimsonfancy. I despise ebay so hopefully I can find a set on Amazon
I just looked to see if I could find them at Amazon and no luck. Wonder if I contacted the seller to see if he had an Amazon store if that would do any good for you?

I just looked to see if I could find them at Amazon and no luck. Wonder if I contacted the seller to see if he had an Amazon store if that would do any good for you?
I sent a message to the seller to see if he had an amazon store. Hopefully they understand my question. Will report back if I hear of any news.

Are those shocks exactly the same length as the stock ones? I got some HSP big bore shocks for mine (24mm diameter shock body) they are great but a tad too short in the rear so it sits too close to the ground to my liking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back