Talion New Talion 6S motor seized after 6 runs. Replace with same or upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RarestRX

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
My intro thread:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/32-years-and-im-back-into-rc-with-a-talion-6s.23862/#post-329220

20200605_094540_resized.jpg

I bought a NIB Talion 6S off of Facebook Marketplace, motor seized (de-poled) after 6 or so runs.

Didn't run back to back battery packs, went from 75% throttle to 100% and did a few high speed passes.

Clunk. :sick:

Dead motor (shaft is tweaked so it's FUBAR'd).

No warranty coverage.

So...drop $110 and get another 390205 or is there a better or more reliable one out there?

Really didn't run the Talion that hard, from reading threads here I just got a "bad" motor, but with no warranty I'm hosed.

Any advice would be appreciated!

You can get another stock 2050kv motor from any of the 6s trucks from jenny's rc for about half that cost. The 2050kv isn't a bad motor tbh, most failures I have seen are seized bearings but they can be serviced and replaced.

https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=2050kv

Screenshot_20201112-141006_Chrome.jpg

Agreed, get another stock from Jenny. They are all the same, get the cheapest and use code JRC for a discount.

My problem is that there is no warranty.

I have no idea why the current motor pooped the bed, I don't want to drop $70 then have it happen again.

:(

The Arrma motors have been really good for me, but if you want an upgrade, grab a Hobbywing or Castle motor.

I'm rocking a Leopard 4092 with a Max6 and love it. My rig bashes @ 70mph and never topps 130 degrees on my motor or esc.

21t pinion, 50t spur on the Katars, 18t pinion with the lp backflips. Stock esc fan, Dual Yeah Racing on the motor with a thermal pad to fill the gap between the can and heatsink. I run mostly on flat dirt and pavement.
Battery temp is more of an issue with me.

21t pinion, 50t spur on the Katars, 18t pinion with the lp backflips. Stock esc fan, Dual Yeah Racing on the motor with a thermal pad to fill the gap between the can and heatsink. I run mostly on flat dirt and pavement.
Battery temp is more of an issue with me.

sorry, didn’t make it clear that I was asking the OP - I figured with a MAX6 and 4092, you knew what you were doing. :)

Yep - check Jenny’s RC. Should be around $50-60

They have a Dx3 with Sr6100At receiver for only $70! How much better is the range in the Sr6100at than the Sr315?
6100 has AVC - not sure the range is any better

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back